FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony EX1 and a Hard drive

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aaron Harding
Sony EX1 and a Hard drive
on Dec 22, 2009 at 3:38:59 pm

Hi

I am thinking of getting a Sony EX1 with 16Gb card and will be using it for corporate films and weddings. I have a Mac book and a Mac pro at home and external hard drive. I wanted to know if it was possible to on location transfer my clips from the camera sxs card through my mac book onto an external hard drive not using final cut. Then when I get home using the same external hard drive on my mac pro to edit?

thanks

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
Ron Pestes
Re: Sony EX1 and a Hard drive
on Dec 22, 2009 at 4:47:03 pm

Yes, you can use Sony's Clip Browser or XD CAM Transfer to get your footage into your computer on site. I used this setup in Romania for two weeks of concert shoots but I used two external hard drives to make sure I had a backup of my footage. I would recommend two cards and then you should not have to transfer on site.

Apple Certified Master Pro FCS 2
Sony EX-3
MacBook Pro

Return to posts index

Aaron Harding
on Dec 22, 2009 at 4:53:34 pm

Arr thats great.

that was my main concern as the mac book i wunt be using for editing but id like a way of putting the footage on a hard drive for later on my mac pro

thanks

Return to posts index

Bill Meissner
on Dec 24, 2009 at 4:35:31 pm

I second that...it works great and get a second drive for backup. The clients I work for do this all the time. We've done international projects for two weeks at a time in the field with this workflow. And we can edit on site to post projects from the field when needed. Firewire 800 drives are fast enough to edit.

If you're considering wedding work, I've seen several companies offering same-day editing for playback at the reception. It's great not to have to spend time digitizing from tape.

I have an EX1 that you might be interested in.
Bill

Bill

Return to posts index

Aaron Harding
on Dec 24, 2009 at 4:38:41 pm

Yes that is exactly it, i want it to act as a bridge t the hard drives so i can edit direct from the drives later on my mac pro.

What is this about an EX1??

Thanks

Return to posts index

Bill Meissner
on Dec 27, 2009 at 7:11:02 pm

Yes, the process works well. Just be sure to backup your media. If you're in the market for a camera,, I have a very gently used EX1 available. If interested, email me:
wdmeissner at gmail dot com

Bill

Sony EX1
Final Cut Studio 2
MacBook Pro
2.4Ghz / 4Gb Ram
Matrox MX02 LE

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]