FORUMS: list search recent posts

sxs card files blank in clip browser

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marten Berkman
sxs card files blank in clip browser
on Dec 21, 2009 at 9:06:06 pm

I am copying files to my hard drive using clip browser. Of two sxs cards I inserted in the camera together, one displays fine in clip browser, but the other shows black thumbnails with an excalamation mark, and no visible or audible media when i scroll through a clip.

The files for both sxs cards appear fine in the CAMERA's clip browser.

any suggestions? could be the card needs file restoration (I think that is the term) but do not know how to access that function unless i am prompted by the camera's browser. And ironically, the clips appear fine in the camera.

Any illumination much appreciated.

Return to posts index

Marten Berkman
Re: sxs card files blank in clip browser
on Jan 3, 2010 at 6:38:28 am

just in case this helps others who come across this...

I opened the card with Clip Browser on a machine running leopard, not Snowleopard, and was able to see the clips. transfer to hard drive went fine, until hitting a clip probably affected by a too-rapid camera shut down, or recording restart. Then the transfer stopped, the drive was not readable, and all the clips went black. When camera was turned on, the card needed a restore, and the clips were viewable on the camera.

So it appears that in Snow leopard, if a clip is corrupted on the card, the whole card is unreadable. It requires an incremental transfer on a non-snow leopard machine.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]