FORUMS: list search recent posts

X3 Expresscard Workflow on IMac I7

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Morris
X3 Expresscard Workflow on IMac I7
on Dec 9, 2009 at 10:19:55 pm

Wondering if anyone has come up with a solid workflow for with the new IMac I7?... It doesn't come with an exprescard slot... So, I am assuming that you are either using the EX3 to the usb port, or you are using an external express card reader, or you are only recording on SDHC cards in the EX3... Any other options? Does anyone feel this is too big of a limitation to go to an IMac or that it is just a minor inconvenience? I am not sure how much slower it is to ingest footage via usb vs. a direct expresscard connection... Any insight would be appreciated... Also, I am not a big fan of the one Firewire port...

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: X3 Expresscard Workflow on IMac I7
on Dec 9, 2009 at 10:46:57 pm

I think not having PCIe slots is an even bigger limitation. The inability to use video box/card such as MXO2 or other means to go to a monitor for color accuracy or using "live" video such as HD-SDI inputs or eSata are other drawbacks. In the next few months Apple will likely update the MacPros to exceed the iMac CPU speeds . . . of course you may need a system now.

I understand the conundrum because the iMacs are in the early part of their lifecycle and are faster than the current MacPro (at least the Quad Core) in their late part of their lifecycle.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]