FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony XDcam Transfer importing continuous clips

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Phillip Velasco
Sony XDcam Transfer importing continuous clips
on Dec 6, 2009 at 7:26:37 am

Does anybody know how to import a continuous clip in Sony XDcam Transfer ? I recorded over 1 hr and it switched cards while recording. When i put my SxS card in my macbook pro, i see the clip i recorded, but the import button is light grey which won't let me import it. Anybody know how to do this ?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: Sony XDcam Transfer importing continuous clips
on Dec 6, 2009 at 7:49:49 am

[Phillip Velasco] "i see the clip i recorded, but the import button is light grey which won't let me import it."

If you've got a clip that spans two cards the files from both cards need to be present (and visible) in the XDCAM Transfer window in order to successfully recombine the 2 pieces into one clip. So you either:

• transfer each card's BPAV folder to a hard drive and navigate to each one within XDCAM Transfer or
  • put both cards into your EX camera and import both cards using the camera's USB connection.

If you don't need the whole clip you can select in and out points for the first part of your clip and import anything between those points.

- Don

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Dec 6, 2009 at 12:54:47 pm

Return to posts index

Kent Beeson
on Dec 6, 2009 at 11:54:26 pm

So is this part of a longer XDcam training video? If so, is it on the Cow someplace?

Thanks

K
web.me.com/kbcv

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Dec 7, 2009 at 5:27:47 am

I do these and post them on the COW if I see lots of folks asking a specific question.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]