FORUMS: list search recent posts

Reconnecting EX-1 Media

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sarah Stahler
Reconnecting EX-1 Media
on Dec 4, 2009 at 10:42:53 am

Hello there!

I am trying to cut a piece in which I was given the footage as QTs and told it was Sony EX-1 footage. I currently have FCP 6.0.6 and I have downloaded the XDCAM Transfer application from Sony. I was also given a project file for the stringouts and when I try to reconnect the media, it will let me locate the QT based on the same file name, but won't reimport it into FCP. I've also tried reimporting it as XDCAM footage but XDCAM Transfer application doesn't pick it up.

I'm under time constraints so any help you can lend me would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Sarah

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Reconnecting EX-1 Media
on Dec 4, 2009 at 1:42:53 pm

[Sarah Stahler] " it will let me locate the QT based on the same file name, but won't reimport it into FCP. "

If you have the .mov files, that's all you should have to do. When you say "won't reimport" exactly what happens step by step?

Return to posts index

Sarah Stahler
on Dec 4, 2009 at 2:53:45 pm

When I locate the media and click on it...both boxes in the Reconnect Media windows are blank. The QTs won't open in Quicktime Pro either, but my client says they will work once I use the codec, which I've downloaded and still nothing. I should be able to see the QTs play outside of FCP...do you think the QT files are bad or do I need a special viewing codec for QT Pro?

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Dec 4, 2009 at 3:03:05 pm

Hi Sarah,
You don't need the SONY Transfer tool.
The only you need, as Graig says, are the .mov.
When you open the FC project, will tell you that the media is off-line. Just tell FC to re-link the media.
If you want to import new clips (.mov), just drag&drop to the FC's Browser.
Rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]