FORUMS: list search recent posts

EX3 Recording problem

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sveinung Bokn
EX3 Recording problem
on Dec 3, 2009 at 5:13:46 pm

Hello..

I have a problem with my new EX3 camera. It starts all by itself to record and stop recording. Why? Sometimes it does not react to assign button number 4 which I activated as a rec button.
Also I have another error in the display. It always says ND1 allthough I have no ND filter on or when I change between ND1-ND2 and none, it always stays on ND1.
Anyone having the same problem?

Can anyone help me?

best regards

Sveinung Bokn

Return to posts index

Michael Palmer
Re: EX3 Recording problem
on Dec 3, 2009 at 5:48:29 pm

Make sure the remote is not triggering the camera, if you left it it your camera bag it make be sending a signal to record. You can also turn off the remote somewhere in the camera so it doesn't communicate.The message for ND1 is telling you to add it.

Good Luck
Michael Palmer

Return to posts index

Sveinung Bokn
on Dec 3, 2009 at 5:54:23 pm

The remote function is off in the camera menu.And the remote is not with me.
And the ND1 message is on the status line in display of actual camera setting, I switch between none to ND2 and it always says ND1 in the dispaly.It seems that it does not react.
I dont understand..

Sveinung Bokn

Return to posts index

Sveinung Bokn
on Dec 3, 2009 at 5:57:21 pm

all of a sudden the nd button works again. The camera responds to it. But the camera still is recording by itself..I might try to reset the camera. HOw do I do that?

Sveinung Bokn

Return to posts index

Don Greening
on Dec 3, 2009 at 6:56:14 pm

[Sveinung Bokn] "I might try to reset the camera. HOw do I do that? "

By going to the OTHERS menu and using the Reset All function.

If you continue to have issues with your camera take it back to the dealer and tell them about it. They'll either send it in to Sony and give you a loaner while it's being repaired or replace it with a new one. I would ask the dealer for a new one.

- Don

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Dec 3, 2009 at 7:01:05 pm

And if that doesn't work try pulling the internal battery and leave it out for many minutes insuring any residual power drains. It's OK for a user to do that as it's even mentioned the manual.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]