FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to batch export from FCP to Sony's MP4

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Wright
How to batch export from FCP to Sony's MP4
on Dec 2, 2009 at 10:18:49 pm

I vaguely recall seeing the odd post asking how to do this in the past. It seems that the Applescript that comes with XDCAM Transfer 2.11 has provided a solution:

Step 1:

Batch export to QuickTime movies.

Step 2:

Run the following script in Script Editor:

set the_movies to choose file with prompt "Choose your QuickTime files" with multiple selections allowed
set the_location to choose folder with prompt "Choose your export destination"
tell application "XDCAM Transfer" to export the_movies to the_location as MP4

Step 3:
Do something productive while XDCAM Transfer re-wraps all the QuickTime movies as MP4s.

Return to posts index

Mike Libby
Re: How to batch export from FCP to Sony's MP4
on Jan 19, 2010 at 10:11:07 pm

What format options should be selected in the quicktime Export?
Thanks
Mike

Return to posts index

Daniel Wright
on Jan 20, 2010 at 11:54:02 pm

Sorry, I should have mentioned this in my original post. Basically, it seems that you need to set everything up as you would if you were exporting to .MP4 using Export > Sony XDCAM.

If you have done so (i.e. the sequences are set to an EX format), then the following settings should work:

Format: QuickTime Movie
Settings: Item Settings
Include: Audio and Video
Make self-contained

It is also worth checking that you have the audio set correctly in the sequence settings; the drawback to using this method (as you may well have discovered) is that you won't find out if there is something wrong with your settings until you try to process the QuickTime movie with the Applescipt and the Export window produces an error message.

There may be variations depending on what you are trying to do, but I haven't explored any further than this.

The other thing I probably should point out, which may or may not be relevant, is that if for some reason you simply want re-wrap .movs that were created by importing EX clips with XDCAM Transfer, then you don't need to go through FCP at all.

HTH

Return to posts index

Dave Rice
on Aug 21, 2012 at 10:03:30 pm

@ Daniel,
I've been looking around for documentation on XDCam Transfers Applescript support, but can't find any. Is this anything available?
Dave Rice

Return to posts index

Daniel Wright
on Aug 22, 2012 at 9:26:25 pm

I'm not aware of any documentation, as such. However, you can see what is available from XDCAM Transfer's Applescript dictionary (select File > Open Dictionary from Applescript Editor and pick Transfer from the list). Most of it is pretty self-explanatory. Making subclips is not obvious but someone posted a pair of scripts which include an example of how to do that here:

http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/142/870581

HTH

Daniel

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]