FORUMS: list search recent posts

Picture Profile, color correction

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ron Pestes
Picture Profile, color correction
on Nov 19, 2009 at 11:29:20 pm

OK, everybody put on your thinking caps here. I was at the webinar by Sony today and they were talking about color correction in the profile section of the menu. They said if you turn the setting on and then detect a certain color you can change just that color alone by adjusting the Target Phase setting. I tried this and nothing happend except getting what looked like zebra bars on the color selected when I turned the Target Phase adjuster to a much different number. What am I doing wrong? I played back the scene but there was no change in the color. The setting was turned on too. The online demo at the show changed the color of a building several different ways while keeping the rest of the scene the same. Did I miss something?

Apple Certified Master Pro FCS 2
Sony EX-3
MacBook Pro

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: Picture Profile, color correction
on Nov 20, 2009 at 4:58:05 am

This shooting tip may provide a more detailed explanation on how to set up the matrix adjust. to alter a certain colour 'in-camera'. Right or control click on the link below to download the PDF:

http://www.sony.ca/xdcamex/files/XDCAM%20EX%20Shooting%20Tips%20Volume%204....

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Nov 20, 2009 at 5:10:53 am

And you know he means it because he's been studying that one tip for nearly 3 months. Welcome back Don!

Return to posts index

Don Greening
on Nov 20, 2009 at 5:34:18 am

[Craig Seeman] "Welcome back Don! "

Thanks. I'm still quite ill and am not able to help out full time until the new year.

Return to posts index

Bruce Quayle
on Nov 20, 2009 at 7:35:49 am

Just a thought...but I have always believed that it's best (more flexible) to record the cleanest pictures possible (artistic design accepted) and then create these sorts of effects in post. How difficult would it be to achieve this same effect in say Vegas or FCP?

Bruce Quayle

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Nov 20, 2009 at 11:33:34 am

Yes Don, great to have you back.
Rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Daniel Startek
on Nov 20, 2009 at 2:58:00 pm

I don't think he's referring to Matrix settings, but the Color Correction settings in the Picture Profile menus. It does exist and I seem to recall a shooting tip somewhere on the web but I've never used it.

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
on Nov 20, 2009 at 3:42:33 pm

Daniel, if you read all the thread here you'll see that Don provided the link.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Michael Palmer
on Nov 20, 2009 at 4:44:22 pm

Great to hear from you Don, we all wish you the best.

Michael Palmer

Return to posts index

Ron Pestes
on Nov 20, 2009 at 5:47:01 pm

OK, Don's link worked! I was adjusting the wrong phase setting. There are two. It is a cool feature you all should try sometime. Yes you can do some of this in post but it is a really cool look to do onsite if you know what you are after. Thanks again Don!

Apple Certified Master Pro FCS 2
Sony EX-3
MacBook Pro

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]