FORUMS: list search recent posts

Anyone know of series or features shot on EX3?

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Code
Anyone know of series or features shot on EX3?
on Nov 19, 2009 at 3:19:58 pm

Hi,

Looking for information about any series or features shot on the PMW-EX3? Using it for a proposal.

Thanks,
Matt

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Anyone know of series or features shot on EX3?
on Nov 19, 2009 at 3:39:27 pm

Google!

Return to posts index

Matt Code
on Nov 19, 2009 at 3:51:58 pm

Not helpful at all, but thanks for putting your time into that.

I have already googled it, but they're a newer system and not a lot of info is out there - I was hoping a few people in the industry might have used it and comment.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Nov 19, 2009 at 4:25:53 pm

This is fairly long depending how you define "feature" which can be the lowest budget indie to Hollywood Blockbuster. EX1 was used to shoot some of the scenes in Destiny 9 for example. The EX is used as a B camera on many films and TV shows. It's not going to come close to being an A camera on a major feature. It's usually B to F900 series or F23 or F35 for example. It's A on many indies. It's also A on many "behind the scenes" segments for major films.

If you don't see it in Google and not in the industry trades how to do you know anything you see listed hear is accurate?

Look at DV, Videography, Millimeter, Cinematographer or any other of the industry trades that mention gear. Sorry but you are going to have to do some homework.

Personally I think listing features using EX is not valuable on a proposal. One has to SEE it's capabilities. Go to Phil Bloom's site and show what a good DP can do with it for example.

Return to posts index

Matt Code
on Nov 19, 2009 at 4:29:20 pm

Thank you that's helpful. I agree with you completely on having to see it. I did a 26 episode series on it last year and ended up spending months in post fixing footage and it wasn't because of the camera...

I think I've managed to piece together as much of a list as I can, it was requested by the broadcaster even though we've shot stuff for them before on it.

Thanks again, will check out those sites.

Return to posts index

David Jones
on Nov 19, 2009 at 6:40:29 pm

Hey Matt,

I know "Public Enemies" used the EX1 as a "B" or "D" camera on scenes in cars and it tight spaces.

I would agree that it's not going to be listed as an "A" camera on a feature. But I could see it being used on TV series and docs.

Best,

Dave J

Return to posts index

Steve Wargo
on Nov 20, 2009 at 6:26:23 am

We rented one of our EX-1s to Sony Pictures (go figure) for the TV pilot S.I.S. It was used for all car interior shots and some gunfight scenes. "A" camera was a Viper.

Steve Wargo
Tempe, Arizona
It's a dry heat!

Sony HDCAM F-900 & HDW-2000/1 deck
5 Final Cut (not quite PRO) systems
Sony HVR-M25 HDV deck
2-Sony EX-1 HD .

Ask me how to Market Yourself using Send Out Cards

Return to posts index

Phil Yunker
on Nov 25, 2009 at 9:00:44 pm

Hello,
Sorry a few days late to the party for this thread
This footage was shot with a Sony EX-3 for NatGeo or NatGeo's website
http://www.alexandracousteau.org/videos
I came across the video during the Sony virtual demo thing they had a few days ago.

PHIL

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]