FORUMS: list search recent posts

Using Sony XDCAM wrapped Quicktimes

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Neal Petrosky
Using Sony XDCAM wrapped Quicktimes
on Nov 13, 2009 at 2:50:05 am

I've been given footage shot by someone else to use for a commercial project. The footage was shot with an EX series xdcam...i had that person digitize (transfer software) from the BPAV files to .mov files.
I can't seem to use the .mov files though. I'm getting audio, but no video...when i first opened one of the files, quicktime said i was missing a codec, but of course didn't say what i was missing. I have quicktime pro 7, so i'm not really sure what the issue is. I tried importing the .mov files into FCP (using FCP 5.1.4, which is why i had the person do the transfer...i know my fcp is out of date and can't do it) and also tried importing the footage to AE CS3, but still no video...any clue???

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Using Sony XDCAM wrapped Quicktimes
on Nov 13, 2009 at 2:54:08 am

You need FCP 6.0.2 and up to get the EX codec. No codec No video. Kinda like trying to put a DigiBeta tape in a BetaSP deck. In this case updating is a lot less expensive than buying a new deck.

Return to posts index

Neal Petrosky
on Nov 13, 2009 at 3:00:49 am

Awesome...so there is no way to just download a seperate codec for quicktime...i have to update FCP???

Anyone know where i can find FCP6? I can only find 7, but of course thats only for intel macs and i have the last G5 made before the switch to intel chips.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Nov 13, 2009 at 3:19:26 am

Seems to be the only place that still has it. The store only has a 3 star rating which means proceed with caution.
http://software.pricegrabber.com/audio-video-utilities/final+cut+studio+2+u...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]