FORUMS: list search recent posts

Better FCP to IDVD?

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tom alexander
Better FCP to IDVD?
on Nov 11, 2009 at 5:06:29 pm

My first attempt to output from FCP for IDVD could look better in quality.
From FCP, Output 1080i into compressor for Qicktime h.264, I saw DVD options but was not sure which one. Then put QT into IDVD. FYI: Outputting an h.264 (1080i) with qicktime conversion without compressor for playback on the computer looked spectacular.

Return to posts index

Chris Babbitt
Re: Better FCP to IDVD?
on Nov 11, 2009 at 6:44:48 pm

iDVD is re-encoding your file. You should export a Quicktime reference movie from FCP and take that into iDVD. Better to use Studio Pro for such things.

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
on Nov 12, 2009 at 10:30:55 pm

Even better use Innobits BitVice for the encode, nothing will beat that for quality.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Alan Okey
on Nov 13, 2009 at 12:29:10 am

Cinema Craft MP beats BitVice, but it's over twice the price.

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
on Nov 13, 2009 at 9:03:27 pm

Alan, how does it beat BitVice? Better picture quality, faster encode, who makes it, how much more expensive, Mac cpmpatible? I'm so pleased with the quality I'm getting from the latest BitVice but obviously if there's something better..........

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Alan Okey
on Nov 13, 2009 at 9:47:55 pm

Michael,

I've owned and used BitVice since 2003, and I love its quality. I don't mean to imply that it's not a great product. I don't own Cinemacraft yet, but I'd like to get it at some point.

Cinemacraft is a high end encoder that's long been the gold standard for commercial Hollywood DVD compression. They released a software-only version as a Compressor plugin a year or two ago.

Here's a good review:

http://www.lafcpug.org/reviews/review_cinemacraft.html

Cinemacraft allows for true miltipass encoding, which is more than just two passes. BitVice is limited to two passes.

Unfortunately the price went up - it's now $995 for a single seat of Cinemacraft MP.

http://www.omni-cinemacraft.com/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]