FORUMS: list search recent posts

EX3 optimum kit

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Derek Jones
EX3 optimum kit
on Nov 10, 2009 at 12:03:36 am

Hello all,
I am pricing a new EX3 kit for corporate and low-level commercial work. It will almost certainly get used on some low budget shorts as well.
I am familiar with the EX1 which I used for a short while about a year ago. My main interest in the 3 is that I want to be able to fit a Letus extreme adapter to the camera, with some primes, and the 3 would allow me to fit a relay lens specific to the adapter. So:
1. Is anyone using this combo, and if so, would you recommend using the Letus relay lens (which is pretty expensive) or is the standard lens with just the adapter sufficient?
2. A decent tripod is pricing at more than the camera itself. What tripod would you recommend (bearing in mind that there will be extra glass and adpter on the front of the EX3)?
3. Any recommendations on lenses? I am thinking that the Nikon mount would be the most flexible, I expect a standard kit of 18,35,50,100 would cover all my needs.
Any advice much appreciated.

Return to posts index

Michael Palmer
Re: EX3 optimum kit
on Nov 10, 2009 at 3:07:21 am

I would consider the Red Rock Micro Encore for images equal or better than the 35mm adapter and their rely lens you have in mind. I use the RRM Encore with Nikon lenses and it is a great way to get the film look you are interested, without spending the small fortune on that rely lens.

I would also recommend you spend your money on something that will definitely give you higher quality files with lower media card costs. The Nano Flash HD/HDMI digital recorder. It will instantly give you noticeable quality files using affordable CF media.

If I was putting together an EX3 package it would have the Nano Flash and the RRM Encore.

Here is what this combo is capable of.

http://kateearl.com/

Good Luck
Michael Palmer

Return to posts index

Derek Jones
Re: EX3 optimum kit
on Nov 10, 2009 at 4:57:46 am

Thanks, Michael,
I had watched your music video earlier, and it looks great.
I used an earlier Redrock adapter and always liked it. The appeal to me of the Letus is that it takes up less real-estate, but a few inches on an already-chunky rig wouldn't make a huge difference. Certainly the price of the Redrock compares very favourably, so if the results are basically the same, it may well be the right way to go.
The nano flash looks interesting. Might need to be an upgrade further down the line. Although it costs roughly the difference between the two adapters...hmmm.
Thanks for your help, sir, much appreciated.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]