double image when moving camera from point A to ponit B

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
alan thai
double image when moving camera from point A to ponit B
on Nov 9, 2009 at 9:45:59 pm

I am new here. I need help with my EX3 camera, thanks in advance

here is my setup:

1080/30p or 24p, objects are 5ft away from me, full auto, shutter off.

Let's say, I am middle of the clock, when i shoot video at number 12h, then move the camera to 3h with very slow moving, i can not see number 1 or 2 clearly with external LCD monitor via component cable. I see muptile number 1 and 2.

If I switch the camera mode to 1080/60i, i don't see this issue. I call sony, they said like a trail issue?

I don't have a clip for moment, but here is how it displayed on LCD

12 1111111222222222 3 it seems like a slow motion or something. Please help. thanks

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: double image when moving camera from point A to ponit B
on Nov 9, 2009 at 10:16:35 pm

Maybe your monitor can't handle the input via component. Many LCDs can't display progressive sources properly on component in.

I'm not sure why you'd even post this until you actually checked the recorded file and even then you have to make sure you're using proper monitoring. At the very least use HDMI in even it's a LCD HDTV which still isn't an idea monitoring situation.

Return to posts index

alan thai
on Nov 9, 2009 at 11:22:58 pm

Thanks everyone for input,

first, ex3 does not have hdmi port, i can only use the component port to provide the 1080i or 720p signal output to my lcd. i don't understand why i don't see this issue with interlate mode.

i have same issue on the internal lcd or playback on my laptop or desktop (crt monitor). this make me feel nervous if i shoot video in progressive scan mode. how my clients can watch the dvd if they have only the regular lcd? in order to watch it, you have to have the right monitor to watch? this is not making any senses at all? i have no problem to watch blueray progressive scam with this lcd monitor.

why sony makes full auto button for? it should work smooth in every single mode, correct? i will try to shoot manual mode with different shutter amount more than 1/60 and see if that make any better.

can someone please try my setup and see same issue? i have nearly 3 years left on warranty, do you think my unit is defected? can i send it in for check?

Sony recommended me to shoot wedding with interlate mode. that is not making any sense. why i have to pay full hd 1080p price to hoot 1080i?
please help, thanks

Return to posts index

Michael Palmer
on Nov 10, 2009 at 1:04:03 am

If you don't want this professional camera please let me know, I will take it off of your hands.

Good Luck
Michael Palmer

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Nov 10, 2009 at 1:27:48 am

[alan thai] "first, ex3 does not have hdmi port, i can only use the component port to provide the 1080i or 720p signal output to my lcd. i don't understand why i don't see this issue with interlate mode. "

Because your LCD may not support compressive via component.
You can get an HD-SDI to HDMI converter.
You can look at the file from your computer to LCD through your computer as long as you can convert DVI to HDMI or use a professional video out card.

[alan thai] "i have same issue on the internal lcd or playback on my laptop or desktop (crt monitor)." You have an HD CRT Monitor?

[alan thai] "if i shoot video in progressive scan mode. how my clients can watch the dvd if they have only the regular lcd?"
What is a "regular lcd? LCD support progressive through HDMI. They may or may not using other means. It depends on the LCD.
You also need to work through HD to SD DVD workflow. That has NOTHING to do with monitoring an HD progressive signal.

[alan thai] "why sony makes full auto button for? it should work smooth in every single mode, correct?" No. Auto tends not to be reliable which is why professionals generally don't use it. It's there for certain unusual situations and the results will never be as good as a professional who knows how to adjust settings.

[alan thai] "can someone please try my setup and see same issue? "
It may be an operator issue, not setup issue. Given the above questions, that's what I'm inclined to believe at the moment.

[alan thai] "Sony recommended me to shoot wedding with interlate mode."
Sony is a company. There is no such recommendation on Sony's site or in any manual. You may not know the skills or knowledge of someone on the phone and if someone makes a suggestion you might ask WHY.

[alan thai] "why i have to pay full hd 1080p price to hoot 1080i? "
I have no clue what you're talking about here.

Personally I think you should learn how to use the camera before doing paying work on a once in a lifetime event like a wedding. Buy one of the training DVDs by VortexMedia or CallBox (or buy both of them).

It sounds like you haven't thought about your monitoring, the reasons why one might use interlace or progressive, the camera settings.

At this point you could have exported a single frame from your NLE and posted it here so we could verify your issue.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Nov 9, 2009 at 10:19:30 pm

Turn your shutter on... and choose a higher than 1/48 shutter speed.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera! Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio.
Call Box Training now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II, Canon 7D, and Panasonic DVX100.

Return to posts index

Michael Palmer
on Nov 9, 2009 at 10:31:43 pm

He should read more about how to operate a video camera using the manual settings.
No one here uses auto setting.

Good Luck
Michael Palmer

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Nov 10, 2009 at 2:10:16 am

[Michael Palmer] "No one here uses auto setting. "
. . . and lives to post about it.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Nov 10, 2009 at 5:31:16 am

Hi Alan,
How do the pictures look in your computer?
Rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

alan thai
on Nov 13, 2009 at 5:33:51 pm

Hi Rafael,

The picture on the coputer looks great, but i still see blur between point A and point B. My monitor are both either LCD or CRT type. Any idea? Thanks

Return to posts index

Clint Fleckenstein
on Nov 10, 2009 at 2:54:41 pm

Now I'm half tempted to go out and shoot something on Full Auto just to defy you guys. Not PAYING work, mind you... ;-)

Cf

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]