FORUMS: list search recent posts

Help Deleted footage

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ron darby
Help Deleted footage
on Nov 5, 2009 at 3:22:33 am

I deleted the footage on one of my SxS card while it was in my EX-3 camera. I ran out of media on A slot and forgot to deleted the B card before the shoot. So in a panic I forgot to change slots and deleted all the footage I JSUT SHOT. Luckily I got enough footage to make the segment. But if there is a way to restore the footage on the card I could use it. I have not recorded over it yet. If anyone knows of a way to restore the SXS card please tell me.

Aloha Ron Darby

Camera: EX-3
Media: Sony SXS 16 gig
Edit: FCP

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Help Deleted footage
on Nov 5, 2009 at 4:25:28 pm

You need an application to try to recover the MP4, then you need to re-wrap them with SONY Clip Browser.
You may try "Rescue Pro". It comes as a freebee with some Sandisk cards.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

ron darby
on Nov 6, 2009 at 6:08:24 am

Thanks for the info on RescuePro. It worked great and the tech support was very good, in fact right after I downloaded the trial version they called me to ask if I had any questions.

Now that I have a bunch of mp4, mp3 and a few swf files where can I find the info on how to re-wrap them so they work in FCP? Do these files sound like the right ones?

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Nov 6, 2009 at 3:25:44 pm

Hi Ron,
Great to hear that worked.
It was more or less easy recover files from SDHC cards, but recovering things from the SxS card was almost impossible. You could recover the MP4 files with DataRescue or FileSalvage, but after SONY Clip Browser didn't recognize the files. They got somehow corrupted.
Last time I deleted some clips I just could recover them thanks to a guy that repair QT files and it costed me expensive.
Rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Nov 6, 2009 at 3:49:09 pm

[Rafael Amador] "It was more or less easy recover files from SDHC cards, but recovering things from the SxS card was almost impossible."

Just one more reason to debunk the myth that SxS is somehow "more secure" to use on mission critical jobs. Widely used and well supported standards are much easier to handle than proprietary media.

Return to posts index

ron darby
on Nov 6, 2009 at 6:05:27 pm

Ah

I have not got total success yet. Only one file can be viewed in the XDCAM transfer. Does this mean all the other file are corrupt and no good. How much did it cost to recover and where did you go for your Q time files?

Ill be out for a few hours

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]