FORUMS: list search recent posts

HD-SDI or Component

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Lindgren
HD-SDI or Component
on Nov 2, 2009 at 5:03:24 pm

I am looking to purchase an HD monitor for my EX3, and would like to know the thoughts of those on this forum concerning monitoring HD-SDI or component from the camera. Any thoughts on if using HD-SDI would give a better image?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: HD-SDI or Component
on Nov 2, 2009 at 5:44:18 pm

It's actually a very important topic given the direction Sony is taking. I don't have an HD-SDI monitor but it seems Marshall are most cost effective. With the HDMI support in the EX1R one would be able to use a much less expansive iKan monitor.

Component from the camera is pretty bad from the couple of times I took a look at it. BTW my own motives is for a small monitor to use on a small camera crane so you may have reasons to look at monitors other than Marshall. In any case, I really did not like the look of component out.

Return to posts index

Clint Fleckenstein
on Nov 2, 2009 at 10:18:17 pm

I've heard the Marshall monitors are "okay" and personally I don't like the Ikan monitors. That's why I'm looking into a JVC. The price is right, too.

Cf

Return to posts index

maurice jansen
on Nov 2, 2009 at 10:23:42 pm

well first tell us what kind of work you are doing.
and what you aspect from your monitor.

what i mean to say is is it for you to analyze color's on the set and other picture quality issue's or is it to show framing to a client or director.

greet
Maurice

People saying they don't make mistake's often make nothing at all!

Return to posts index

Greg Lindgren
on Nov 6, 2009 at 8:34:33 pm

Thanks for the input everyone. I shoot corporate training and informational videos in XDCAM EX 1080p 30 that are edited in FCS and delivered on DVD. I have an Ikan V8000HDMI, using component. It's clear, but not as sharp as I want for critical focus. I just received a SmallHD DP1 and it is a beautiful monitor. The sharpness and color accuracy is fantastic, and the build quality is the best I've seen yet in a small on-camera monitor. And using Component from my EX3 look wonderful. I purchased their "bundle" and I'm very happy I did. Problem solved!

Thanks Everyone!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]