FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to create BPAV to get xml smi etc!

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Olivia Coupe
How to create BPAV to get xml smi etc!
on Oct 29, 2009 at 12:48:40 pm

Like many others on this forum I have been given rushes from our camera man but he's split the card files manually over 3 dvds and subsequently he's corupted the folder structure.

I've got the mp4 files and would like to create a new BPAV folder to restore the proper xml and smi info. I've never worked with Clip Browser before and am getting really confused. If someone could give a step by step on how to create a new BPAV and transfer the files correctly that would really help.

Regards,

Olivia.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: How to create BPAV to get xml smi etc!
on Oct 29, 2009 at 2:18:15 pm

I hope you're charging back to the cameraman for the extra work he created. ClipBrowser can split the folders to put the files on DVD without damaging the metadata. Look at the ClipBrowser icon bar at the top and note the little disc symbol. Camera people shouldn't charge for a service they can't render. If they need to hire a data wrangler they should do that rather than make a mess of a paying client's project.

File/import the MP4 into ClipBrowser and it can create a new BPAV. The meta data may not match the original and it may not know where to join clips (smi) though.

You can also buy Calibrated Software's EX XDCAM plugin which will allow Final Cut Pro to use the MP4 directly.

Return to posts index

Olivia Coupe
on Oct 29, 2009 at 2:28:40 pm

Thanks for your quick response Craig.

"File/import the MP4 into ClipBrowser and it can create a new BPAV."

Is it possible to import multiple mp4 so that they are all under the same BPAV folder?

Kind regards,

Olivia

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Oct 29, 2009 at 2:26:27 pm

Yes the process is confusing.
With the Clip Browser, in the "Edit" menu> New Folder.
Navigate to the folder you have created and IMPORT.
You must Import and "Add" the MP4 files to that folder.
Inside the folder you created there is a new BAPV folder.
It shouldn't be so complicated to work directly with the MP4 (without need to pay any extra pence).
Rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Olivia Coupe
on Oct 29, 2009 at 4:29:55 pm

Thanks Rafael!! So straightforward when you explained it to me. I now have working BPAVs and have linked these ama volumes to the Avid.

Cheers.

Return to posts index

Sou Eu
on Jun 6, 2012 at 6:12:52 pm

Hello, there is another of getting the Clip Browser program? I have the same problem but cant download the program from the website because I dont have the camera with me. Thanks a lot!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]