FORUMS: list search recent posts

8 audio Channels in XDCAM

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Harris
8 audio Channels in XDCAM
on Oct 27, 2009 at 9:38:42 pm

We have a new Sony HD XDCAM and have noticed that when shooting at the best resolution... we also get 8 channels of audio on each clip. Is there a way to shoot with just two channels of audio? The eight channels aren't needed and become a nuissance when editng. Any suggestons are appreciated.

Return to posts index

john sharaf
Re: 8 audio Channels in XDCAM
on Oct 27, 2009 at 10:41:24 pm

Steve,

Depending on how you import the media to your NLE you can choose which tracks you want. For example, I bring in as HD-SDI through a Kona card and have choice to bring in each set of two tracks ( 1&2, 3&4, etc). Does your editing platform not offer the4se choices?

JS

Return to posts index

Steve Harris
on Oct 27, 2009 at 10:55:56 pm

I edit on Media Composer, Nitro edition. I've been transcoding the clips into Avid from the Sony XDCAM disc drive. The transcode dialog box doesn't appear to have track selection.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Oct 28, 2009 at 3:27:41 pm

Yeah that's an ingest setting- nothing to do with XDCAM. Try asking this in the Avid forum.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera! Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio.
Call Box Training now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II, Canon 7D, and Panasonic DVX100.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]