FORUMS: list search recent posts

XDCAM not showing images

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Campbell
XDCAM not showing images
on Oct 22, 2009 at 10:21:13 pm

Hi, Cow! I'm having some issues with my XDCAM software, specifically that when I browse to my BPAV folder, I can't see anything in the clip list. All of the thumbnails say "No Image Available". I was running 2.5.1 and thought it might be corrupted, so I removed it and installed an earlier version 2.1, but that didn't fix it. It's almost like I'm missing a driver or something. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: XDCAM not showing images
on Oct 22, 2009 at 10:30:51 pm

Mac OS Snow Leopard?

Return to posts index

Paul Campbell
on Oct 22, 2009 at 10:38:18 pm

Sorry. Tiger 10.4.11, but the computer was having some issues beforehand. (I should've mentioned that from the start) The original problem was that the machine wouldn't start up. We took it to a Mac store and they said they fixed it, but now everything is screwed up. Even typing this reply here, the text response off my keyboard is really sluggish.

This problem is maybe more Mac, and not so much XDCAM? Is it possible to just download and run an upgrade to Snow Leopard? :-)

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Oct 23, 2009 at 1:24:19 am

Paul,
Had you ran DiskWarrior or TechTools?
Rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Paul Campbell
on Oct 23, 2009 at 1:54:09 am

Hi, Rafa. No to both. We were considering a total reload of the OS, and then an upgrade to Snow Leopard. Do you think this might be a bit premature? (I don't know what those guys at the Mac store did, but this machine is really screwed up after getting it back)

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Oct 23, 2009 at 2:07:03 am

Hi Paul,
Whatever you do, rebuild your System directories.
After a fresh System-QT-FCS installing, far from being optimized, the System drive is real mess.
Best,
rafa-el

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Andy Mees
on Oct 24, 2009 at 2:54:34 am

No. Don't upgrade to Snow Leopard yet Paul, at least not if your preference is to use Sony's XDCAM Transfer in your workflow. As yet there are still some bugs to be ironed out with Sony's software under the latest OS X version so you'd be better off upgrading no further than OS X 10.5.8.

Return to posts index

Paul Campbell
on Oct 24, 2009 at 12:45:24 pm

Thanks guys. Mucho appreciado.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]