FORUMS: list search recent posts

EX-3 <> SD Recording

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
George Griswold
EX-3 <> SD Recording
on Oct 20, 2009 at 11:11:23 am

Seeing that the new cameras also have SD recording you have to wonder if the firmware could be flashed in an EX-3 to enable SD recording. Surely this isn't the first time this has been considered. Insensitive Sony unlikely to do this (if possible) now that new models have this capability.

Return to posts index

George Griswold
Re: EX-3 <> SD Recording
on Oct 20, 2009 at 11:13:01 am

Sorry if this got your hopes up-- I had "Feature Request" inside the brackets and it removed the text....

Return to posts index

Ron Lindeboom
on Oct 20, 2009 at 3:33:41 pm

[George Griswold] "Sorry if this got your hopes up-- I had "Feature Request" inside the brackets and it removed the text....

Yes, that is because brackets are OPERATORS in the world of LINUX and that is what our servers run on here at the COW. So, when you use brackets, Linux thinks you are trying to feed it a command and it's looking for the rest of your "command sentence" and since nothing's there, it tosses it.

Because you used two sets of brackets -- one inside another -- the second set was seen as text and appears.

It's a Linux thing.

Use parenthesis instead.

Ron Lindeboom

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Oct 20, 2009 at 2:44:20 pm

The Ex-1/3 have SD out, so I guess it wouldn't be a problem to record that.
I think that the EX-1/3 are able even to record 422 at a good data rate (100 Mbps up).
We just need the people of SONY to be nice and sensible.
Rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

john lenihan
on Oct 20, 2009 at 11:28:19 pm

Since the EX3 was announced a few months after the EX1, it is possible that a EX3R with improvements might be announced in a few months.

Has anyone heard any rumors to that affect

John Lenihan

John Lenihan

LeniCam Video Productions

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Oct 21, 2009 at 12:03:54 am

Given that some of the improvements on the EX1R were around ergonomics, ViewFinder and one button S&Q they may not pertain to the EX3. I'm not sure about the demand for HDMI on the EX3. I'm thinking that some of the other features, Standard Def, Cache Record, Sony Memory Stick support might happen as a firmware upgrade (and I'm hoping for the older EX1 as well). If those aren't firmware upgrades, the EX3 will certainly be the "odd" camera out for a bit.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]