FORUMS: list search recent posts

More EX3/Nano and Red Rock Encore

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Palmer
More EX3/Nano and Red Rock Encore
on Oct 16, 2009 at 3:59:14 am

I'm completely sold on this combination of tools.
Here is my latest work.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYeQOlWxdoc&feature=player_embedded#at=18

Return to posts index

Ron Pestes
Re: More EX3/Nano and Red Rock Encore
on Oct 16, 2009 at 4:32:42 am

Sorry, I don't get it. What does a blond girl singing have to do with the EX-3, Nano and Red Rock. Couldn't this have been shot with anything? Not trying to be rude here just a little confused. Great music video though!

Apple Certified Master Pro FCS 2
Sony EX-3
MacBook Pro

Return to posts index

Michael Palmer
on Oct 16, 2009 at 4:45:34 am

I guess you haven't read my first post on how impressed I was working with all of these tools. I don't think you could create this look without these extra tools added to the EX3 and if I didn't post the link to the video then it would be pointless. Not rude at all Ron, I believe in first hand information and seeing it.
So much of this forum is teaching those that can't read a manual, I like to offer an example of what's possible. Sorry if you are offended by my original post.

Michael Palmer

Return to posts index

Marvin Holdman
on Oct 16, 2009 at 3:00:02 pm

Beautiful meat puppet and GREAT work.

Thanks for sharing.

Marvin Holdman
Production Manager
Tourist Network
8317 Front Beach Rd, Suite 23
Panama City Beach, Fl
phone 850-234-2773 ext. 128
cell 850-585-9667
skype username - vidmarv

Return to posts index

Ron Pestes
on Oct 16, 2009 at 6:02:08 pm

Good deal Michael. I must have missed your earlier post. I agree about helping others and I have enjoyed many of your other posts.
Contiuned good luck on your projects!

Apple Certified Master Pro FCS 2
Sony EX-3
MacBook Pro

Return to posts index

Pat McGowan
on Oct 16, 2009 at 10:58:14 pm

Michael, the fact that this is shot on an EX-3 is a real testament to your skills (and your kit). Details on technical and production methodology please?

Return to posts index

Enrique Orozco
on Oct 17, 2009 at 2:07:31 am

...C'mon Michael... EX3, nano, red rock, excelent skills and NO HD web video ????? (at least no HD on my browser)...

good luck

Enrique Orozco R.
http://www.dvideostudio.com >iDEA DigitalVideoStudio

Return to posts index

Bob Pierce
on Oct 22, 2009 at 11:23:35 am

Very nice work Michael. Did you you a tilt/shift lens on some of those shots or was that done in post? I've got a lensbaby for that kind of thing, but haven't used it much yet.

Do you do your own grading? If so, do you care to share your picture profile recipe?
Bob

http://www.lightstreamassociates.com

Mac Pro 2.66 - 8GB memory -
Mac Book Pro 2.33 Duo -
FC Studio 2 - Kona Lhe
Adobe Production Suite CS4 -
Sony Multiformat 14" - Panasonic 42" Plasma -
Ikegami HLDV7 - PVW EX-1

Return to posts index

Michael Palmer
on Oct 22, 2009 at 3:01:22 pm

Thanks Bob,

I did participate in grading this video, however the Director didn't me allow to go to far with contrast, or at least as much as I would have liked. And by the time I has allowed in on this processes I didn't have the time necessary to add the vignettes I wanted.

I was told I needed beauty light for this artist and so I used a technic from a commercial (starring Jennifer Garner that I worked on a few years back) and found a large still camera umbrella that I put a Mole Richardson Mighty Mole into with 1/2 CTB, hoping to avoid the IR issue as her vest was black. So I had a beautiful large soft source as my base light to work with, and I wanted to create a look with a combination of colorful saturation together with movement.

And no I didn't have swing and shift lenses, this was done in post.

OK I know I said I would post this on the first EX3/Nano and Red Rock Encore posting but never did.
My picture profile for this video.
Matrix- On, Cinema, Level +20, Phase 0, R-G -10, R-B -7, G-R -2, G-B +7, B-R +0, B-G +0
Color Correction- Off
White- 5600
Detail- On, Level (using Red Rock Encore) -0, (Stock Lens) -30, Crispening +20,
Skin Detail- Off
Gamma- Level +0, Cine 4,
Black -3
Black Gamma +10

I will say I pushed the capabilities of this camera to the edge and found that I should have shot a few scenes in 60p as I had strobing from (overcranking 24p to 48) the large group little PAR lights back lighting the sheer curtains when she was dancing with the men. Going into this I knew I needed a solid stop to work with so we could crush the image later without to much noise.

It was a great opportunity and the crew in Nashville was outstanding, I had never worked with any of these professionals and each and every one of them gave their best. I had guys on ladders moving lights threw the shots, I had 2 guys working the dimmer board manually and guys pre-lighting and move dolly track constantly, it was a very ambitious day.

This combination of EX3, Nano, Red Rock Encore is simply awesome.

I'm surprised Ron hasn't commented of the song.

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]