FORUMS: list search recent posts

Tips on shooting a spoof commercial!

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marcus Perfjell
Tips on shooting a spoof commercial!
on Oct 9, 2009 at 7:44:21 am

Hi guys!

I'm shooting a "Spoof Commercial" in a week or so, and I was wondering if you have any tips for me to think about while doing this.
I have a shot list that I created and I'm up to 29 shots, It will be more though, since I'm gonna use some FX in the beginning.
The plot is pretty simple, I'm doing a spoof of the "AbTronic" and other training equipment much like the AbTronic, if you know what the AbTronic is (google it), were you instead weare a whole suit that shakes you'r whole body..

Which format do you recommend shooting in? I'm in Sweden so a PAL area, but that doesn't really matter since it's going on the internet, so 720P 24P?
Alot of shots are going to be shot outside, should I use CINE1 for those?

Feel free to tell me if you have any fun ideas, tips etc for the project!!

Best
Marcus

The fall of building 7 is a bit weird.

Return to posts index

Dean Sensui
Re: Tips on shooting a spoof commercial!
on Oct 11, 2009 at 8:03:41 am

Some goofs: Abtronic begins to smoke and user starts to panic in trying to get it off.

Of course there's electrocution complete with lightning (courtesy of After Effects).

Talk about how it's a small device and compact. Then as camera pulls back note that it's connected to a car battery with big fat clips.

Someone wearing it as part of a daily routine -- by the end of the day their hair is totally frizzed out due to high voltate jolts.

When showing 6-pack abs, note that there are red ovals burned into the surrounding skin where the electrodes were.

User experiences series of "gentle muscular contractions" as it's turned on, and then an "accident" happens. Walks awkwardly off-camera.

Dean Sensui -- Hawaii Goes Fishing

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]