FORUMS: list search recent posts

Thought this would come close to the Nano

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dano motley
Thought this would come close to the Nano
on Oct 6, 2009 at 2:43:33 am

but it seems to do hdv at 1080i and only 895 from B&H. anybody use one?

Dano

http://www.focusinfo.com/fsh200.asp

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Thought this would come close to the Nano
on Oct 6, 2009 at 2:47:39 am

Meh- Firestore has always been hit or miss. Not where I want to be with my critical footage and what isn't. The AJA KiPro is a far more impressive and reliable looking recorder- if that's what you're looking for.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera! Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II, and Panasonic DVX100.
Call Box Training
DSLR Cinematography Blog

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Oct 6, 2009 at 3:05:06 am

If you are looking for quality and mobility, the NANO is your best option.
The KI PRO offers superior recording capabilities, but 4 pounds + power is not something that you can put in your pocket.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

dano motley
on Oct 6, 2009 at 12:29:20 pm

Yeah. Just looking for something that will not crush my budget. Nano works great but, is way overpriced.

Dano

Return to posts index

Michael Palmer
on Oct 6, 2009 at 1:11:14 pm

"Nano works great but, is way overpriced."

When you stop and consider what the Nano delivers then no, I would disagree and it is not overpriced.

The Nano is more than just an acquisition recorder, that by the way creates the highest Mpeg bit rates possible and separating it from this FS-H200 by miles. The Nano can also record and monitor using HDMI, it now has the ability to create DVD and Blue Ray ready files and it does all of this with affordable and reliable Compact Flash media.

If you want a professional HD-SDI recorder then the Nano Flash is the right tool.

Buy the Nano Dano

Good Luck
Michael Palmer

Return to posts index

dano motley
on Oct 9, 2009 at 3:49:13 pm

mike, i am taking your advise and ordering one. thanks....

Dano

Return to posts index

Tim Kolb
on Oct 6, 2009 at 1:45:40 pm

[dano motley] "Nano works great but, is way overpriced."

It's a matter of what you value I suppose.

HDSDI connections and scalable data rates that go far above anything that HDV, or even standard XDcam can record adds value...and also adds cost.

I've used FireStore products and I have to say that they've all performed as advertised. I have never lost any data or had a remarkable issue. However, FireStore products are designed for doing straight data transfer...HDV is received in the FW pipe and written to the harddrive (and it works just like they say it does...I'm not bashing Focus Enhancements here)

The challenge is that moving up the acquisition format ladder requires something that has higher cost connectivity and also higher quality video codecs...Convergent Design has taken these Flash recorders and created a unit that takes in "digital baseband" (HDSDI-uncompressed as far as the system is concerned) and encodes on the fly...in the box. It's simply a more complex process and the unit itself has to contain the processing power to do it.

So...keep in mind that there is a difference between "overpriced" and "out of my price range". Nothing wrong with either one, but mixing them up can send the wrong message.

TimK,
Director, Consultant
Kolb Productions,

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Oct 6, 2009 at 4:05:46 pm

Just to add to what Tim says that the people on Convergent-Design had pushed the price down almost 1K from the initial expected price.
I don't see the NANO just like an improvement on my gear.
I think that puts my company in position to works and compete in a higher level market (although this here in laos sounds like a joke).
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

John Cummings
on Oct 8, 2009 at 9:24:14 pm

"So...keep in mind that there is a difference between "overpriced" and "out of my price range".

Well said.

J Cummings
Cameralogic/Chicago
cameralogic.tv
HDX-900/HDW-730S/DXC-D50

Return to posts index

Michael Palmer
Not even close to the Nano
on Oct 6, 2009 at 4:12:06 am

The Nano Flash is in a league by it self, with an unbelievable small size and its ability to record virtually uncompressed HD levels is far and away the best choice for a digital solid state High Def recorder.

Good Luck
Michael Palmer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]