FORUMS: list search recent posts

editing EX3 videos

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tamos tamos
editing EX3 videos
on Oct 5, 2009 at 1:22:45 pm

hi everyone,
i want to edit EX3 videos, i know that i need to convert them to MXF files by XDCAM EX ClipBrowser and than to import them into my editing software.
my question is, what is the best editing software for EX3 FHD videos?
i heared that EDIUS is the best HD editing software.
i would like to hear ur recommendation how to edit EX3 HD files.
thanks

btw sorry for my bad english :(

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: editing EX3 videos
on Oct 5, 2009 at 2:40:04 pm

On the PC I'm assuming- that would be Sony Vegas or Adobe Premiere.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera! Unlock the secrets of the 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II, and Panasonic DVX100.
http://www.callboxlive.com
DSLR Cinematography Blog

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Oct 5, 2009 at 2:55:58 pm

And Premiere Pro can handle the MP4 directly so there's no need to rewrap to MXF.
On Mac with FCP and Calibrated Software it is also possible to use MP4 without rewrapping to MOV.

I don't think one can every determine "best" since each NLE has advantageous/disadvantageous. One thing can be determined is whether the NLE handles the codec (XDCAM EX in this case) in MP4, rewrapped to MXF or MOV or, not at all and therefore needs to be transcoded to another codec.

Some people like Premiere for its feature set and its integrated suite approach. One could say the same for Final Cut. Edius is known for fast real time handling. Vegas is known for its fairly unique features. Avid for its feature set and some semblance of a suite approach. A few people still like Media 100 apparently for its ease of use. I prefer Final Cut but I have no idea what "best" is. I like EX but I can't even claim it to be "best" except in the feature set important to ME.

Return to posts index

Jay Gladwell
on Oct 5, 2009 at 3:37:55 pm

Noah is correct. On the PC your best bet would be Sony Vegas Pro 9. It's designed for EX files specifically. It's like editing DV!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]