FORUMS: list search recent posts

Recording Computer Video Footage

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Norman
Recording Computer Video Footage
on Oct 2, 2009 at 10:56:50 pm

I am not at all sure where to post this question, or where to visit to find solutions to this question but this community is so strong I am sure I will be able to find the help I seek here.

We are producing a small sales reel for a video game start up company that hopes to attract investors. So the question is inevitably asked how do I best capture video out of the computer for use as B-Roll. We are shooting the interview and "non-game" B-Roll on an EX1 and EX3.

Without knowing too much about computer video output I do know this, that the PCs display out is dual-DVI.

Knowing that my initial reaction is to just purchase a DVI to Component cable and set the PC to mirror display then crash record with a DVCAM deck. If there is a better way to make this work I am all ears.

Again, thank you for your help in advance!

Best,
Jason

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Recording Computer Video Footage
on Oct 2, 2009 at 11:42:12 pm

Are you on Mac or Windows?
On Windows use Camtasia. On Mac use ScreenFlow.

I am on Mac and more familiar with ScreenFlow.
ScreenFlow does excellent full screen captures. My 23" Cinema Display is 1900x1200. It's easy to crop the area of interest to 1900x1080 otherwise you can shrink if borders are ok. You can export using any Quicktime codec you have installed such as AppleProRes. Heck you can even export to XDCAM EX. This is assuming you have Final Cut Pro on the system which has the codecs.

ScreenFlow
http://www.telestream.net/screen-flow/overview.htm

If you are on Snow Leopard, QT X can do full screen capture with H.264 codec.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]