FORUMS: list search recent posts

Poor quality sd monitoring from XDcam file based log and transfer

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy Jenkins
Poor quality sd monitoring from XDcam file based log and transfer
on Oct 2, 2009 at 2:58:17 am

Hi guys, here's one for you all. I am downconverting xdcam footage captured via log and transfer and playing out through Blackmagic Decklink Card. I am trying to monitor this for the edit, and have tried both the component and SDI options. Although the footage plays in realtime, the image quality is very poor. I get badly aliased edges and a soft picture overall. I have also tried this on another system with a KONA 3 card and get the same result? The images on my FCP computer monitor seem faultless, and viewed using Quicktime on the desktop is fine also. However, I have also captured xdcam footage from a deck (cartridge device) and the downconvert works beautifully. Any thoughts?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Poor quality sd monitoring from XDcam file based log and transfer
on Oct 2, 2009 at 3:24:14 am

Check your realtime settings in FCP- also confirm your clip and sequence settings match.
Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera! Unlock the secrets of the 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II, and Panasonic DVX100.
http://www.callboxlive.com
DSLR Cinematography Blog

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]