FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sending XDCAM EX 1080p30 footage to compressor

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Terry Pfrang
Sending XDCAM EX 1080p30 footage to compressor
on Sep 26, 2009 at 3:38:26 am

Okay here's an interesting one. I've imported Sony EX1 footage into FCP 7 I used the XDCAM Transfer software, I can view and edit my sequences, no problem.
I edited w/multiclips, and I have DVD title sequences edited with a mixture of XD footage and Stills laid into the timelines.
I'm sending the Sequences to Compressor, I did the title sequences first because the shows I'm editing are almost 2 hours long.
I do the expected settings for DVD 120 min.
I preview the sequence before I submit it.
I'm looking at EX footage that is blocked out with a big fat grid, just like the one I had when I tried viewing the footage on FCP 5 without the updates for XDCAM EX codecs.
I've tried all of the different variations of Sequence Settings and Codecs in both the general and render tabs; no good, The JPEG Still part of the sequence is fine, audio fine, X footage no good!
But I can look at it all day long in FCP 7 it's fine.
I've read about an Export plug in for Compressor that is supposed to be in the XDCAM Transfer package; Anybody ever seen this before?
Anybody have a remedy?

Return to posts index

Greg Booth
Re: Sending XDCAM EX 1080p30 footage to compressor
on Sep 26, 2009 at 4:20:36 pm

Hi,

The grid is mostly likely from our DEMO version of Calibrated{Q} XD Decode for OSX - which you must have installed on your computer at some point (there are no FCP 5 updates with the XDCAM EX codec - FCP 6.0.2 has Apple's XDCAM EX codec updates). Calibrated{Q} XD Decode for OSX is not meant for and should not be used on computers with FCP. To uninstall, just follow the uninstall instructions in the ReadMe which you can download from the webpage here (it's on the righthand sidebar):

http://www.calibratedsoftware.com/QXD.asp

Once you delete Calibrated{Q} XD Decode and restart - you'll have no more grid.

Cheers,
Greg

Calibrated Software

Return to posts index

Terry Pfrang
on Sep 26, 2009 at 9:44:55 pm

Hi Greg, this would be great if I had installed Calibrated's software, I did check it out on line, and since I can't recall if I tried installing it I looked for all of the files on the uninstall directions you directed me to.
The only Third Party software I'm using in this is Sony's PDZK-P1 for XDCAM Transfer.
The ingest and edit in FCP 7 went fine, the export to Compressor is not working.
I've tried exporting sample clips to QT mov then bringing them into Compressor, No good, even though the mov played in QT Player. Once in Compressor it gave the same effect.
I uninstalled and re-installed Compressor; no good.
I'm wondering if I have a bug in the export portion of the Transfer software.
The Apple rep said I will probably have to remove FCP and reinstall it.
Any thoughts would be helpful.
Thanks for an awesome shot at solving the problem.
T.

"As to Jesus of Nazareth, my opinion of whom you particularly desire, I think the system of morals and His religion as He left them to us, the best the world ever saw or is likely to see."

Benjamin Franklin,to Ezra Stiles, March 9, 1790.

Return to posts index

Greg Booth
on Sep 26, 2009 at 10:55:07 pm

Hi,

If you have Calibrated{Q} XD Decode installed (which based on your description of the watermark - as well as writing that you installed XDCAM EX updates for FCP 5 - it seems likely you did) - If you have Calibrated{Q} XD Decode installed then uninstalling/reinstalling any other software will not fix the problem.

To clarify - does the pattern look like this:

"DEMO LIMITATIONS

Calibrated{Q} XD Decode will gray out the middle 1/3 of the video frame. The top and bottom thirds will also have 1 horizontal gray line and 2 vertical gray lines embedded in the video frame."

If so - then you installed Calibrated{Q} XD Decode and it's running in DEMO mode. To uninstall - manually, open up your 'Macintosh HD' - directly in your 'Macintosh HD' is the 'Library' folder. Open the 'Library' folder and then in that folder you should find the 'QuickTime' folder, in the 'QuickTime' folder you should find the CalibratedQXDCodec.component - is that there? If so, it needs to be deleted and then your computer restarted.

Cheers,
Greg

Return to posts index

Terry Pfrang
on Sep 27, 2009 at 5:51:39 am

Hey Greg,
In the QT folder I have CalibratedMXFQ.component and CalibratedXDCodec.component
no QXD, should I get rid of those two?
Thanks for the help.
T.

"As to Jesus of Nazareth, my opinion of whom you particularly desire, I think the system of morals and His religion as He left them to us, the best the world ever saw or is likely to see."

Return to posts index

Greg Booth
on Sep 27, 2009 at 3:26:08 pm

Yes - CalibratedXDCodec.component is the codec.

Cheers,
Greg

Calibrated Software

Return to posts index

Terry Pfrang
on Sep 27, 2009 at 9:52:31 pm

Fixed, Thanks Greg!

Return to posts index

Greg Booth
on Sep 28, 2009 at 3:16:40 am

You're welcome

Cheers
Greg

Calibrated Software

Return to posts index

Anthony Delgadillo
on Dec 22, 2009 at 10:16:55 pm

Hi Greg,

My Uncle used a XDCAM EX 720p60 camera for our Wedding. He has a Mac and I have a PC! He gave me a hard drive w/video footage. He has formated the video to be viewed w/a Mac and a PC. He told me that I should view the footage in Quicktime PC. I was unable to view the video, but was able to hear the audio. After some research, I downloaded the Calibrated XD for PC. I am able to view the video, unfortunately, the Gray Watermark is looking back at me. I attempted to follow your previous instructions, however that did not work. Is there another software I can download to eliminate the Gray Watermark?

Thanks,

Anthony

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]