FORUMS: list search recent posts

Settings/profile for waterfowl against cloudy skies

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Zwicker
Settings/profile for waterfowl against cloudy skies
on Sep 24, 2009 at 3:01:26 am

Any suggestions would be really appreciated. I have a hard time shooting with the zebras on and finding focus in low light situations-naturally I do not want to kick in the gain much to close down the iris.

Ideas??

Return to posts index

Ron Pestes
Re: Settings/profile for waterfowl against cloudy skies
on Sep 24, 2009 at 3:53:36 am

I would turn on the histogram and forget the zebra. Try a few test shots and pay attention the the histogram to see what it reads when your best shots are taken.

Return to posts index

Paul Zwicker
on Sep 24, 2009 at 2:49:13 pm

Thanks Ron,

I do use the histogram nearly all the time. Sounds like a better way to watch my levels plus find focus on the birds in flight. I'll crank my peaking and give her a go.

I do plan on using the image stabilizer as well unless someone can give me a reason not to. I'd rather not have to use Final Cut to stabilize those close ups.

Return to posts index

Ron Pestes
on Sep 24, 2009 at 4:00:38 pm

I ALWAYS use the stabalizer, even on a tripod. That way I never forget to turn it back on again. I have shot all sorts of subjects including many concerts from a tripod and the stabalizer did not cause any problems at all.

Return to posts index

Bob O'Brien
on Sep 30, 2009 at 10:55:42 pm

I accidentally left the steadishot on when doing a slow pan from a tripod. The steadishot made the pan jumpy. I immediately turned it off and repeated the pan - no jumpiness as all.

My 2 cents.

CAMERAS
Sony EX3 & Sony DXC637/PVV3 Betacam-SP

PORTABLE EDITING
*MacBook Pro - 2.33Ghz - 2Gb RAM
*Matrox MXO / 23" Cinema Display

DESKTOP
*DualG5 2Ghz w/2.5Gb RAM
*UL4D SCSI Card
*HMV800 DualMax RAID0
*AJA IO
*Sony 2800

SOFTWARE
*OSX10.4.11, QT 7.5, FCP 6.0.4, Livetype 2.1.3, Soundtrack Pro 2.0.2, DVDSP4.2.1, Adobe CS3 Prod Suite

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]