FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to convert files which was shot on an EX-1 to edit on Premiere Pro CS3 (Windows)

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Benjamin Pelaez
How to convert files which was shot on an EX-1 to edit on Premiere Pro CS3 (Windows)
on Sep 23, 2009 at 2:05:00 pm

Hello,

I am having a problem. I have some footage which was shot on an EX-1 on a hard drive which I cannot edit. I am new with this camera.

What I basically did before returning the camera is, I copied and pasted the WHOLE folder which was entitled "BPAV" onto a new folder on my external hard drive called "Wedding". I DID NOT change anything in the folder and I took all the files which were in BPAV over too (CLPR and TAKR).

Once done that, I imported all the files from the folder into my Premiere Pro CS3 and it imported all the movie files WITHOUT the sound. Obviously I researched the net for some solutions and found out that you have to convert the files to .mov - there is where I am getting stuck. I cannot convert them to a .mov file!!! What can I do?

Keep in mind that I am trying to edit with Premiere Pro CS3 and that I do not have the option to upgrade to CS4.

Any help and links to which Sony programme I am supposed to use to convert these files will be helpful. Thank you.

Benjamin

Return to posts index

Greg Booth
Re: How to convert files which was shot on an EX-1 to edit on Premiere Pro CS3 (Windows)
on Sep 23, 2009 at 3:50:32 pm

Hi Benjamin,

Here's a link to the page where you can download Sony's XDCAM EX Clip Browser v2.5 (which I think is the latest). With that application, you should be able to view your XDCAM EX MP4 files and make sure they have audio.

http://www.sony.ca/xdcamex/support.htm

Per PProCS3, you do not need to re-wrap the XDCAM EX MP4 files to .mov files - that's really for a Final Cut Pro workflow. I believe you need the PPro CS3.2 update to edit XDCAM EX files.

If the clips do have audio (which you can verify by playing the clips in XDCAM EX Clip Browser) then most likely it would be some setup problem with PPro as to why the audio is not playing.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
Greg

Calibrated Software

Return to posts index

Benjamin Pelaez
Re: How to convert files which was shot on an EX-1 to edit on Premiere Pro CS3 (Windows)
on Sep 24, 2009 at 7:41:43 am

Hi Greg,

I checked the footage with Sony's XDCAM EX Clip Browser v2.0 and there is sound!

The thing is that I do not have the possibility to upgrade to PPro CS 3.2 at the moment. To PPro CS3 is giving me the preset options of HDV, Mini DV but not of XDCAM. And that is why I have to convert the footage and then set the settings on PRo CS3 manually.

Is there anything that can be done?

Thank you

Benny

Return to posts index

Greg Booth
on Sep 24, 2009 at 4:14:46 pm

Hi,

PProCS3.2 is a free upgrade for PProCS3 - so you really should upgrade to it to edit XDCAM EX MP4 files.

But if you can't for some reason - then I guess you can't - but I really don't know what else you could do with CS3 only though - you might want to ask in the Adobe Premiere Pro forum.

Cheers
Greg

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]