FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio syncing questions in FCP from EX3

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Allan Liang
Audio syncing questions in FCP from EX3
on Sep 21, 2009 at 6:22:47 am

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could help me with this. I am relatively new to Final Cut Pro, and I am editing a project under a fairly urgent deadline, so any assistance from you all would be greatly appreciated.

I have footage from a Sony EX3, shot at 720p/25 (35mb/s VBR) and am currently editing on FCP 7.0 with a Macbook Pro 15" 2.8Ghz (standard spec). The shoot was done on a dual system, so I have about 3 days of separate video and audio that I have to sync at the moment. I do not have the information of the recorder at the moment, but I can provide if needed.

So I have two main questions at the moment:

1) I have imported all the clips into my FCP project via XDCAM transfer, and everything went very quickly and smoothly. Audio has also been imported into FCP. I am aware of the method of syncing whereby both clips are selected with in-points cued to the desired position, and then the 'Merge Clips' function is used. However, because the XDCAM footage was shot with on-camera sound, I am stuck with 4 channels of audio in the new clip (2 stereo channels), when I really only want the clean audio from the recorder. Is there an easy way to sync the clean audio to the corresponding footage without also including the on-camera audio?

2) The DOP shot some footage at 25fps and some at 50fps. Obviously, the 25fps stuff runs in real time by default in FCP while the 50fps stuff runs at half speed. However, some of the 50fps stuff has dialogue in it which I must sync with the clean audio, which I cannot do when it is running at half-speed. What is the most efficient way to do this? I want to be able to use the dialogue in these takes as well as some of the action in slow motion where necessary.

Thank you!

Allan

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Audio syncing questions in FCP from EX3
on Sep 21, 2009 at 4:20:29 pm

1- subclips
2- Conform footage in CinemaTools or Re-Render to 25 out of FCP with speed controls set to 200% no frame blending.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!. Unlock the secrets of the 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, and Panasonic DVX100.
http://www.callboxlive.com
DSLR Cinematography Blog

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]