FORUMS: list search recent posts

Battery Error - Please change battery

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Palmos
Battery Error - Please change battery
on Sep 17, 2009 at 1:45:18 pm

Hi guys,

OMD this is very worrying... In the middle of a shoot and my EX-1 has started to give me this error message - and then automatically powers down. Sometimes I can take out the battey, put it back, re-power the camera and it works for a while, then the message comes again. Sometimes I have to try 10 times before I can power up without that message.

It is not the battery itself, I have 3 fully charged batteries and they all give the same message... they are all Sony batteries, two 60's one 30.

I guess I have to send it in, unless anyone has an idea?

Thanks

Mark.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Battery Error - Please change battery
on Sep 17, 2009 at 1:58:46 pm

It may be the contacts or some intermittent connection in the internal electronics to the battery. If you can find an easy way to clean the contacts you could try that first (and test in a non client shoot situation). Obviously if it's the electronics it'll need service. Hopefully Sony will allow you to use a local Sony Pro authorized service center rather than a "main" one.

Return to posts index

Mark Palmos
on Sep 17, 2009 at 2:44:33 pm

Hi Craig,

Yeah, it might be internal, the external pins are squeaky clean.

A local repair chappy reset the Ex-1 prefs, but that did not fix it.

It works fine on Mains, so I will use mains for my shoot on Monday and send the camera in on Tuesday... sniff...

Thanks for the help.

Mark.

Return to posts index

Andrew Hamilton
on Aug 3, 2010 at 9:13:14 pm

Has anyone found a resolution for this issue? Its suddenly started happening on my EX1r. Full battery yet I get a battery error code to change the battery.

I've only had my EX1r a short time and its taking years off my life.

Andrew Hamilton

Corporate Training Video
Hamilton International Productions
http://www.hiproductions.com

Return to posts index

Mark Palmos
on Aug 4, 2010 at 7:13:21 am

Hi

This problem was caused by a faulty circuit board, unfortunately the main board of the camera and costs about £1800 or so to replace.

The cause, they say, can be by inserting and removing the firewire cable when things are on (I did not use the firewire at all).

You will have to go to your sony repair people, free if under guarantee, if not $$$ im afraid.

Mark.

Return to posts index

Darshan Singh
on Sep 13, 2015 at 5:09:07 am

Hi Sir,
In the middle of a shoot and my EX-1 has started to give me this error message - and then automatically powers down. Sometimes I can take out the battery, put it back, re-power the camera and it works for a while, then the message comes again. Sometimes I have to try 5 times before I can power up without that message screen off

PLEASE...ANY ONE SEND ME THIS FAULT...my email address is darshan.singh766@gmail.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]