FORUMS: list search recent posts

Weird problem

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Wargo
Weird problem
on Sep 17, 2009 at 6:20:32 am

We have two EX-1s. Everything used to work with no issues. Then, Both have had the initial firmware upgrade done at a friend's house. We did this mostly because one of my renters uses the 32Gb SD cards. We use Sony 8 & 16Gb cards. (Duh!)

Now, we have three FCP systems. One is an Intel laptop, one a G-5 non-Intel tower and an Intel 4 core tower. the Laptop has XDCAM Transfer 2.7.0 and the non-Intel tower has 2.5.0 (I think). On some occasions, like today, we tried to import the cards in the field with the laptop (2.7) and the software refused to recognize the files but when we got back, the tower opens them right up, no problem. I can see the clips in SxS clip browser.

Any ideas? Or has this been discussed to death and I'm the only guy in the world who doesn't know the answer?

Thanks
No sarcasm please. I can't take it.

Steve Wargo
Tempe, Arizona
It's a dry heat!

Sony HDCAM F-900 & HDW-2000/1 deck
5 Final Cut (not quite PRO) systems
Sony HVR-M25 HDV deck
2-Sony EX-1 HD .

Ask me how to Market Yourself using Send Out Cards

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
Re: Weird problem
on Sep 17, 2009 at 9:46:41 am

Now Steve, why would anyone want to exhibit sarcasm to such a nice guy as you appear to be. In my humble opinion all this updating of various bits of software causes more problems than it solves. The old dictum 'if it ain't broke don't fix it' holds good. The trouble is often you have to update because a new piece of kit demands it. We are all slaves to the marketing boys. It sounds like you have a conflict somewhere but what do I know, I'm just an old man trying to make films.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Sep 17, 2009 at 9:50:22 am

Hi Stive,
By any chance have you installed Snow Leopard and no the new SxS drivers?
Rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Steve Wargo
on Sep 18, 2009 at 6:13:32 am

[Rafael Amador] "have you installed Snow Leopar"

I bought a family pack, read the incompatibility issues and gave the family pack to my employees. So, nope.

The laptop is my personal computer so it doesn't get screwed up by everyone that works here.

Thanks for the reply

Steve Wargo
Tempe, Arizona
It's a dry heat!

Sony HVR-M25 HDV deck
2-Sony EX-1 HD .

Return to posts index

William Mims
on Sep 18, 2009 at 1:37:51 pm

Steve: (First-very funny stuff you must be fun to work with, sorry I no longer live in AZ)
Seriously, though, I am an ex MAC guy, only because I got tired of the fight. I was using Clip Browser 1.0 with nothing but those kinds of problems. I just down loaded CB 2.0 and all my problems went away. Since I started out my editing system with Win. Vista and Vegas Pro I don't know if FCP even goes thru Clip Browser so if this suggestion is stupid, please excuse, if it does that may be where the problem is. You have helped me in the past so thanks for that and I hope this works out.

Mims

Return to posts index

Steve Wargo
on Sep 19, 2009 at 7:21:08 pm

Thanks William. Glad I've been of some positive value to you in the past.

the clip browser does work but what we do is import the files to the computer through the Transfer software, bypassing FCP altogether. The weird thing is that it's not consistant. Our plan is to record at several different frame and quality rates and see what works and what doesn't.

BTW, I'm working n a book called Warganisms. I'll put you on the pre-sale list when the time comes.

Steve Wargo
Tempe, Arizona
It's a dry heat!

Sony HVR-M25 HDV deck
2-Sony EX-1 HD .

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]