FORUMS: list search recent posts

EX transfer question

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Arterium Angledal
EX transfer question
on Sep 17, 2009 at 3:40:40 am

I just bought an EX3 and I think I have done something stupid:

I had a shortage of cards on my shoot so I offloaded footage from a couple of cards onto my laptop. Unfortunately, I only offloaded the folders titled with the clip name eg. 148_0114_01

I realize now, I should have grabbed the 2 preceeding folders titled BPAV and CLPR as well. Now fcp transfer and XDCAMEX browser cannot access the files.

Any ideas what to do in this situation??? Thank you for your time,

Arterium

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
Re: EX transfer question
on Sep 17, 2009 at 9:50:53 am

You are going to be in terrible trouble with Craig (of this forum) because he has been batting on for months on how we have to transfer THE COMPLETE BPAV FOLDERS, untouched, unopened and if you rename you must include BPAV in the folder title.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: EX transfer question
on Sep 17, 2009 at 1:32:37 pm

LIke the person being brought in to the emergency room on life support after the card accident, "maybe I should have worn seat belts."

or jump out of an airplane at 3000 feet, "maybe I should have worn a parachute."

Why would you NOT copy the BPAV folder? Sony designed their camera to create all the useless stuff on the cards for you to ignore. Heck who needs the tape shells on BetaSP. Just pull the tape out and toss the shell away.

Use ClipBrowser 2.5.1 (2.05.01) to create a new BPAV.

BTW another reason why I prefer SDHC to SxS. When you can buy enough SDHC, you don't have to transfer files during a shoot, which is where these accidents happen. To be blunt, this is why I do not think SxS is "more reliable" than SDHC. SxS invites more accidents IMHO.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]