FORUMS: list search recent posts

EX1 XDCAM to AVID with down-convert

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
zik staav
EX1 XDCAM to AVID with down-convert
on Sep 14, 2009 at 10:51:53 pm

i have read many posts that TOUCH on this issue, but none that solve my specific problem.

we shot in MALI the last two weeks on my EX-1 in 1080/24p and some overcranked stuff in 720/24p.
the editor back in canada needs to edit on AVID is SD.

i have all of the BPAV files and have exported MXF files using the XDCAM EX clip browser program.

i am unable to get SD downconverts of the MXF files.

i thought i would be able to select the clips in the clip browser program and export DV-MXF files (which should be SD) but for some reason i get an error message every time: "A clip that cannot be exported is included. A parameter that isn't supported is specified, or mark out is set before mark in".
none of these statements is true, so i don't know why it is telling me that

the editor needs to be able to edit in SD with timecode and clip-naming fidelity in order to go back to HD at the end.

seems like a simple issue to solve, but i am COMPLETELY unable to find a program for MAC that will either convert HD-MXF files to SD or export SD-MXF files from the original BPAV folders.

ideally, i'd like to be able to keep all of the files in one bin for the AVID editor so that they can go back to the HD files at the end with no problems.

anybody know where i've gone wrong???

thanks so much,

-zik

Return to posts index

Brian Walker
Re: EX1 XDCAM to AVID with down-convert
on Sep 15, 2009 at 12:40:36 am

try this plug in.. I think it will work. You can download for a trial (MainConcept Plug set 2)

http://www.mainconcept.com/site/prosumer-products-4/conversion-pack-2-21942...

I usually edit HD footage in my SD timeline.. Gives me the ability to push in or adjust my framing because of all the extra resolution.

Good Luck!

Thanks in advance!
Brian Walker

Return to posts index

zik staav
on Sep 15, 2009 at 2:39:31 pm

hey brain.

thanks for the advice.

i went to the website you provided but was unable to find a way to download a trial version.

i tried bringing the entire BIN into FINAL CUT PRO 6.0.5 and exporting them all as DV-AVIs but my editor back in toronto said that he wouldn't be able to use them because they did not appear to have embedded timecode.

since we are going to have to go back to the HD footage at the end for the online process, this is not good.

any suggestions as to where i am losing the embedded timecode?

thanks again.

-zik

Return to posts index

Brian Walker
on Sep 15, 2009 at 3:01:56 pm

add the product to your shopping cart, just like you were buying it. There will be a demo button on the last page.

Thanks in advance!
Brian Walker

Return to posts index

zik staav
on Sep 15, 2009 at 3:13:11 pm

hey brian.

i went all the way through the payment process until the very last page and saw NO DEMO button.
i have even entered all my credit card info.....no dice.

the only thing i didn't press was the FINAL ORDER button as this will make the payment go through and i am not yet prepared to do so.

please advise.

-zik

Return to posts index

Brian Walker
on Sep 15, 2009 at 3:24:17 pm

I can't get it to do it again! How strange!! Do you have Sony clip browser 2.5 installed?? If you do you can export MXF for XDCAM DVCAM.. I think this is demo mode(watermark). I did it but I can not see on my mac.

Sorry I am not helping!! I usually send them the software for there pc's and tell them how to load and then suggest working in a SD timeline with the HD resolution, just scale down to your liking. A lot more options that way.

Thanks in advance!
Brian Walker

Return to posts index

Denis O'Keefe
on Sep 15, 2009 at 4:06:00 pm

I successfully did this a few weeks ago, delivered the video in Avid DV 25 codec. I got the codec online from one of the avid sites andadded it to QuickTime.
I then converted the xdcam video to mov files with Browser or Transfer, opened all of them in MPEG streamclip And did a batch convert to Avid 25. Put that on a disc and it should import right into the ancient Avid

SSO 206009510

Return to posts index

Brian Walker
on Sep 15, 2009 at 3:28:21 pm

try this software to "see" your mxf export.

http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/finalcutstudio/calibratedqmxfimport.h...

Thanks in advance!
Brian Walker

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]