FORUMS: list search recent posts

EX1 Firmware

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Babbitt
EX1 Firmware
on Sep 9, 2009 at 3:30:21 pm

I understand that there has have been an additional firmware update since 1.11, which I currently have. Is there any advantage to updating to 1.12?

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: EX1 Firmware
on Sep 9, 2009 at 3:53:23 pm

They may even be up to 1.13 for EX1.
Too bad Sony makes it impossible to get these firmware upgrades. If not user updatable it should at least be possible to have your local authorized Sony service center (rather than their national centers) do them and it should be while you wait, not 3 weeks turnaround and a small fortune in shipping and insurance.

Return to posts index

Chris Babbitt
on Sep 9, 2009 at 4:02:33 pm

So, do you know what's been changed in the later versions? There was a rumor a while back that Sony did something to disable the ability to use SDHC cards.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Sep 9, 2009 at 4:11:16 pm

Not true about disabling SDHC.
The firmware updates since 1.11 have been bug fixes but Sony doesn't make these public . . . nor is the firmware readily available. Basically if you find an issue and call Sony about it and the firmware update fixes it, you can send in the camera and three weeks later (or some other overlong time) you'll get back the camera with updated firmware (as I understand the procedure).

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
on Sep 9, 2009 at 6:11:46 pm

The last time I had a firmware upgrade I had it done free while I waited. That was in the UK where everyone in the business is always helpful and friendly.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Sep 10, 2009 at 5:19:01 am

Hmm, I could fly to the UK and back and have it done faster than driving 30 minutes to Park Ridge NJ to drop off the camera and wait 3 weeks. Well I could at least save the $100 and use it for the air fare. If I were to lose just a couple of shoots during those 3 weeks it actually would make sense to fly to the UK instead.

Return to posts index

Steve Wargo
on Sep 17, 2009 at 6:02:18 am

[Craig Seeman] "Hmm, I could fly to the UK"

Maybe we could get a deal on multiple tickets. What if a whole bunch of us just got our own plane? I'm calling my travel agent.

Steve Wargo
Tempe, Arizona
It's a dry heat!

Sony HDCAM F-900 & HDW-2000/1 deck
5 Final Cut (not quite PRO) systems
Sony HVR-M25 HDV deck
2-Sony EX-1 HD .

Ask me how to Market Yourself using Send Out Cards

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]