FORUMS: list search recent posts

HELP Red line glitch appearing in and out on top of frame

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Bruce
HELP Red line glitch appearing in and out on top of frame
on Sep 2, 2009 at 4:53:58 am

Hi All,

I'm a new EX-1 user working his way through week number two of shooting with the cam.

Today we recorded an interview, broke for lunch and when we came back a strange red line glitch, of varying size, began fluttering in and out across the top of the frame.

We saw it in the LCD and an external monitor. We turned the camera off several times and it came back, but then stayed gone luckily. An hour or two later it came back and we did the same thing.

I tried searching for red and glitch and haven't found posts of similar problems.

Any thoughts? Anyone heard of anything like this?

The only thing we did after lunch was change the battery, but it's hard to imagine that could be the source of this very digital looking issue.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as we have 3 days of shooting booked in Pittsburgh where it may be hard to find a replacement camera.

Thanks,

Jim

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: HELP Red line glitch appearing in and out on top of frame
on Sep 2, 2009 at 5:03:31 am

Given your description it doesn't seem to be something that's getting recorded. I'm wondering if you have Peaking Red on but it wouldn't necessarily just be at the top of the frame unless there was something about the edge of the shot that kept it there. Peaking is a form of focus assist and red is one of the possible peaking colors. It would change depending on the contours and the focus/edge of the object.

Is it a straight line or is it following the edge of an object?
Is there any way you can show a screen shot of it?
Since it doesn't seem to be recorded in you'd probably have to take a shot with digital camera.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]