FORUMS: list search recent posts

Stolen EX1

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Didato
Stolen EX1
on Sep 2, 2009 at 3:47:17 am

Hi Please be advised that my Sony PMW-EX1, serial number 0103197 has been stolen. If anyone tries to rent or sell this camera, please be on alert and notify me. Thanks, David

Return to posts index

Marvin Holdman
Re: Stolen EX1
on Sep 2, 2009 at 2:31:51 pm

Sorry to hear about your loss. That sucks.

What part of the world was it stolen from?

Any other peripherals? Bag? Lights? Mics?

Any markings?

When was it taken?

Marvin Holdman
Production Manager
Tourist Network
8317 Front Beach Rd, Suite 23
Panama City Beach, Fl
phone 850-234-2773 ext. 128
cell 850-585-9667
skype username - vidmarv

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Sep 2, 2009 at 2:42:55 pm

Keep in mind that anyone selling on Ebay or Craigslist isn't likely to list the serial number so other details including location might help unless you feel that will hinder catching the culprit.

Return to posts index

David Didato
on Sep 2, 2009 at 2:50:10 pm

Thanks. It was taken in Bridgeport, Connecticut last Wednesday 8/26. The camera was in a small black Kata Shell case (yellow inside). The camera had 3 SxS cards with it in the case - no other accessories, or markings except the serial number. Actually I think I had placed a label on the bottom with my name/company. And there was a bogen tripod plate attached.

Return to posts index

Clint Fleckenstein
on Sep 2, 2009 at 2:54:44 pm

Wouldn't it be interesting if someone was able to rent this camera, check the serial number, and then turn it over to you and/or the police?

Where was it stolen?

Cf

Return to posts index

Denis O'Keefe
on Sep 3, 2009 at 2:33:55 pm

Several years ago my D600 was stolen in New York City. Just before the insurance check arrived I made one more check on ebay, and sure enought it was there for sale. I recognized it from some of the "custom" mods and memorable scratches it picked up over the years. The NYPD retrieved it from KP PRO VIDEO, a large purveyor of "used" broadcast gear. They said they bought it for a couple hundred bucks from a guy with no identification. At any rate, his name was not my name, which was prominently displayed over the camera bars and etched inside the tape transport door, along with my address and telephone number. They never called me, and even with ownership established it took a month and the threat of further police action to get the camera back.
The point here is if you put a paint mark, some stickers that are hard to remove, a different color viewfinder sock or mic cover you may very well recover your gear, and with luck get some idiot locked up.

Return to posts index

William Mims
on Sep 6, 2009 at 12:07:34 pm

Just one of the reasons I am a fan of Sony: Contact them with the serial number. If it is ever taken in for repair or they are able to track it's whereabouts, they will seize it and notify you immediately. Good to know, and its best outsiders don't know about this Sony policy. My prayers are with you for a speedy return.

Mims

Return to posts index

Kevin Curdan
on Oct 13, 2009 at 2:28:38 am

I found a free site called http://www.stolen-property.com/ where you can report stolen camera.

You don't have to report property stolen either. The site can operate as a remote database for property, so I entered all of my production equipment on it actually (brand, make, serial numbers and photos). Pretty sweet in the event that it's stolen in the future, I have an insurance claim, or wish to sell it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]