FORUMS: list search recent posts

Help - Sound Input to EX3

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Petty
Help - Sound Input to EX3
on Aug 26, 2009 at 11:36:30 pm

Though I am feeding sound into my EX3...and there is no appropriate forum...maybe somebody here can help.

Just got the Sony UWP-V1 wireless mic set and am having trouble setting the levels. Out of the box is really hot (going into a Sony EX3).

I have no problems setting things on my Sennheiser G2 set but the manual on this Sony is baffling me and the menu nav is not intuitive for me anyway.

Anybody know how to roll down the levels on this wireless rig?

Thanks

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
Bob Hayes
Re: Help - Sound Input to EX3
on Aug 27, 2009 at 12:37:55 am

First choice. Look on the mic input. You can set it to mic, line and mic plus phantom power. Experiment here.

Second I am assuming you know how to adjust levels on the camera. But be sure you are on external mic. Put your level adjust on manual. You can hit the status button under the handle right rear then roll to the window that displays audio. This is a great window. Try to adjust sound level.

Third go to the AUDIO SET MENU. It has the little musical note. Go to input. I set AGC link to separated. Probably has no effect here. If your audio on rear of camera is set to EXT and Manual. You can access the trim setting. The default is -41dBu. You might be able to adjust your mic here. But realize it will screw other sound inputs you plug in.

Return to posts index

Michael Petty
on Aug 27, 2009 at 1:00:12 am

thanks...I have all of the camera sound inputs covered and can indeed knock the levels down that way which is what I'll do in a pinch. I just hate compensating in the camera for what is coming out of the mic.
Rather fix the issue at the source.

Return to posts index

William Mims
on Aug 27, 2009 at 12:51:10 pm

Michael: I have been looking at that same wireless set up. It has gotten good reviews from buyers. Please let us know how you like the Sony UWP-V1, once you have a chance to give it some real world use. Wondering about static, sound quality, range(realistic),etc. FYI to others: Beach Camera has it today for $460.

Mims

Return to posts index

Ed Kukla
on Aug 28, 2009 at 10:59:00 am

Sounds like an issue with the wireless system.
Try asking the question on the audio forum.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]