FORUMS: list search recent posts

Importing mpeg4 to FCP help need it

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jose blanco
Importing mpeg4 to FCP help need it
on Aug 17, 2009 at 8:01:14 am

Hi everyone, here is my dilemma, I captured my footage with a SDHC card reader, did not dragged the BPVA folder to my hard drive but the subfolders inside of it, than I erased the card so I could use again, now I only have the folders with the clips and when I try to import with xdcam ex clip browser it would not read the mpeg 4 files or open them up so when I drag the files into the bin in FCp I can see it because I think i installed a plug in that reads mpeg 4 called calibratedQ but only 30 seconds of it, maybe is only the demo that reads only 30 seconds, I founded this program VLC that does open them and I can see that they are longer in time , can you guys tell this is my first shooting and capturing with a pmwex3, now a month later I figured out how to use the system but this were my first recordings and I need to be able to use this files that I do not have anymore on the cards because I erased it, I did it overseas and they are good takes, any help will be appreciated
you can insult me is ok, I know that was no to smart, but to late now I just need a solution if there is one out there
Peace
JB

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Importing mpeg4 to FCP help need it
on Aug 17, 2009 at 12:00:43 pm

Hi Jose,
You have broken all the rules for downloading EX-1/3.
That's a good way of learning. Now you know what you don't have to do anymore.
First you must be aware that the Calibrated plugin shouldn't be installed together with FC. They will conflict.
As long as you have all the .MP4 files, nothing is lost.
You must use now the SONY Clip Browser to re-pack the .MP4 in a new BPVA folder.
then you must run the SONY Transfer tool to rewrap the .MP4's as QT.
Cheers,
Rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Aug 17, 2009 at 2:23:26 pm

[Rafael Amador] "First you must be aware that the Calibrated plugin shouldn't be installed together with FC. They will conflict. "
Calibrated Software's EX MP4 import plugin is designed to work with FCP. It's not the same as the EX MOV reader plugin which will conflict with FCP.

ALWAYS USE CLIP BROWSER with CRC ON when copying clips.
Never smash open and rip off a BetaSP case to get access to the tape as you won't be able to get it into the BetaSP deck.
If you are not sure of a work flow ask first. It doesn't help to ask about wearing seat belts while in the morgue after the car accident.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Aug 17, 2009 at 2:58:49 pm

[Craig Seeman] "Calibrated Software's EX MP4 import plugin is designed to work with FCP. It's not the same as the EX MOV reader plugin which will conflict with FCP. "
Thanks for the correction.
Cheers,
rafa

Return to posts index

Jose blanco
on Aug 21, 2009 at 4:17:01 am

Thank you Rafael I deleted the calibrated Q before I saw the second response but does not matter now I know how to capture and i wont probably use it again
the question now is how do i make a new BPVA folder, that is the ticket, I guess that once I do that i will be able to import it from that BPVA folder to the ex transfer and to FCP but I do not have a clue on how to proceed and do that
I do have the MP4 files in a folder in my external hard drive not in the sdhc card itself but when i try to import using the ex transfer tool from inside FCP and try to select the files thy are not available they show grayed out on the window ??
PS: I have a friend that is a very good Flamenco Player his name Is Rafael Amador from "Pata Negra"a very well know Gipsy band in Spain maybe just a coincidence

thank you very very much for your help
Jose B

Return to posts index

Jose blanco
on Sep 30, 2009 at 4:08:48 am

Hi Rafael, I figured out what to do, thank you for your help again, I got everything ingested to FCP now using the sony Cip browser and than importing from within FCP
you rock
JB

Return to posts index

Pete Montoya IV
on Feb 13, 2010 at 8:04:27 pm

I am using a macbook pro, however when I insert the SxS Card all I receive is .mp4, .xml, and .edl files. I can not import into FCP, I have tried importing through the software that came with my purchase of the EX-3, but I still can not export it into any other program of covert to a .mov. Any help or thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Pete

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Feb 13, 2010 at 9:40:32 pm

Now you're triple posting at this point. People offer their professional guidance freely. Posting the same question in every possible location is inconsiderate to the professionals who offer their assistance.

Return to posts index

Jose blanco
on Feb 14, 2010 at 5:51:47 am

Craig, I do not know what is it that you referring, I posted this question once and Rafael kindly answered this was posted long time ago ????
if the question shows in different places I do not know how that happen and it was not my intention
JB

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Feb 14, 2010 at 10:28:58 am

Pete,
Don't touch nothing inside the BPAV folder.
You need the Sony Transfer tool.
You have to download it from the SONY web site.
To start a new workflow without having read the basic, is a headache.
You have everything in the "Final Cut Pro 7 Professional Formats and Workflows".pdf
Rafael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]