FORUMS: list search recent posts

HD to SD and copying footage

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
GInny Stein
HD to SD and copying footage
on Aug 14, 2009 at 4:51:16 pm

Hi

Ive just bought the EX1 and am trying to sort out the workflow. I work as a video journalist shooting long form current affairs stories, from around the world. which are edited remotely in Australia. I send the footage back to them to edit, from either my base in NY or wherever I am.
I am shooting in 1080 25p and have FCP 7, but my network in Australia is editing on FCP 6 and they broadcast in SD. I need to provide the material to them in an accessible form and in a way that makes sense to both of us operating from either side of the globe.
Up til now I have been shipping a portable hard drive of my digitised material shot on my HVR-Z1P.
I am not an editor,..they want to edit with their in-house editors to have control over the material.
I am trying to work out a way I can copy material to them onto a drive in a form that they can access while I am able to work on it at this end.
Because I shoot a lot of footage while on assignment, I need to download in the field and be able to keep going.
Any help/suggestions would be most gratefully received.
cheers and thanks,
Ginny

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: HD to SD and copying footage
on Aug 14, 2009 at 5:09:53 pm

FCP 6 supports XDCAM EX natively, so all you'd have to do is transfer the contents of each SxS card into its own folder on an HD and send that. They could take it from there as long as they've downloaded the latest drivers from Sony:

http://pro.sony.com/bbsc/ssr/micro-xdcamexsite/

-Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!. Unlock the secrets of the 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, and Panasonic DVX100.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

GInny Stein
on Aug 14, 2009 at 5:27:45 pm

thanks Noah

Return to posts index

GInny Stein
on Aug 17, 2009 at 3:24:29 am

Hi

I spoke to soon about the company in Australia I am filming for editing in FCP 6...it is FCP 5. Do you have any suggestions to how I can export/send them files from my Xdxam ex1 camera in SD.
I have FCP 7.
Btw, I bought and downloaded Noah's training DVD and it has been a fabulous help in getting started.
But I am stuck on this.

cheers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]