COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ady Le Roux
XDCAM NIGHTMARE with QUICKTIME!!!!!
on Aug 12, 2009 at 1:50:22 pm

Hi,

Please please help! arrrgh!

I need a DIRECT link if possible?

I have shot on an EX3 and i thought I downloaded all the correct codecs etc because I can edit it fine in FCP.

However when I come to exporting out the final VT for the client - I am having troubles showing them! - very embarassing!.... It exports (Quicktime) with a large grey band through the middle of the screen - as if to say "ha ha! - almost!" :(

On my other intel mac it simply doesnt show a picture AT ALL but does have sound.

Please please plaes help. Im finding it rather frustrating.

a

Return to posts index

Greg Booth
Re: XDCAM NIGHTMARE with QUICKTIME!!!!!
on Aug 12, 2009 at 4:52:57 pm

Hi,

You must have downloaded our Calibrated{Q} XD Decode for OSX DEMO - as what you are describing is the DEMO watermarks. Calibrated{Q} XD Decode for OSX is not meant for Mac computers with FCP. You can uninstall by deleting the Calibrated folder from the /Applications directory and the CalibraedXDCodec.component from the /Library/QuickTime directory and then restart your system.

Cheers,
Greg

Calibrated Software

Return to posts index

Ady Le Roux
on Aug 14, 2009 at 1:45:12 pm

I am deeply humbled.

Thankyou so much for this reply. It has instantly sorted it out.

I can not tell you the grief I have had with this XDCAM footage.

BUT THE RESULTS ARE GREAT!

a

Return to posts index

Greg Booth
on Aug 12, 2009 at 4:57:15 pm

Hi,

Just reading thru your post again. Do you have FCP 6.0.2 or greater? That's the FCP version needed to edit XDCAM EX footage.

Our Calibrated{Q] XD Decode for OSX is only might for Windows Computer or MacIntel COmputer without any version of FCP installed. Calibrated{Q} XD Decode will let you view/work with XDCAMHD/XDCAMEX/HDV MOV files - in DEMO mode it will show the large grey rectangle watermark.

Cheers,
Greg

Calibrated Software

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]