FORUMS: list search recent posts

EX1 and component out.

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Armando Accardo
EX1 and component out.
on Aug 11, 2009 at 1:52:13 pm

Hi everyone,
I was wondering to know whether the signal that comes out the component from the EX1 is a 4:2:2 or 4:2:0 signal.
I have a Matrox MXO2 mini and when capturing live from that output I didn't seem to see much differences from the same clips stored in the SxS card.
As I don't have an SDI input I can't get the 4:2:2 signal from there; is that the only output that provides 4:2:2 signal before the XDCAM codec treatment?

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.
Cheers,
Armando.

Return to posts index

Scot Lenter
Re: EX1 and component out.
on Aug 11, 2009 at 3:34:10 pm

Component - 4:2:0
SDI - 4:2:2

Scot Lenter
Midtown Video
Miami, Florida
Service Manager
Rental Agent
scot@midtownvideo.com
305-669-1117

Return to posts index

Rich Okonski
on Aug 11, 2009 at 4:36:53 pm

I have an MXO2 also. Quality is important to me, especially when it comes to archiving any footage. So SxS transfer to my computer will be 4:2:2. Out of curiosity, when will you see the major advantages of 4:2:2 color space vs 4:2:0? Are compositing and keying the areas of main benefit? The MXO2 has an HDMI input also, but the EX-1 does not have an HDMI port, does it?
On a side note, the Perseid meteor showers willl be happening tonight. IF you have a clear sky, it might be a good night to do some time lapse footage.

Thanks

Rich

Return to posts index

Armando Accardo
on Aug 11, 2009 at 5:19:06 pm

Hi Rich,
what has been recorded in the SxS card will be 4:2:0 in the XDCAM codec, not 4:2:2.
But if you have the MXO2 (I have the MXO2 mini) you have the SDI input, so you will get benefit of that and can shoot live from the EX1 and getting 4:2:2 color space footage.
I think keying and having a better way to do color correction is the benefit of that less compressed 4:2:2 material.

Armando.

Return to posts index

Rich Okonski
on Aug 11, 2009 at 5:39:30 pm

Hi Armando. Unfortunetly I am painted in the same corner as I have a Matrox MX02 mini, and so, no SDI. I will take a serious look at the Convergent Design Nano, which records XDCAM 522 4:2:2.

Thanks

Rich

Return to posts index

Armando Accardo
on Aug 11, 2009 at 5:11:12 pm

Thanks Scot for that information... I was afraid that was the case, and I guess that is the same image as stored in the SxS.

Armando.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]