FORUMS: list search recent posts

MXF to MOV for FCP

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
GonZalo franco
MXF to MOV for FCP
on Aug 4, 2009 at 9:18:11 pm

Hello, I have to import MXF to FCP or convert them to MOV, in order to import them. I filmed with the XD CAM EX1, and somehow didnt get the transfer correct to MP4 in order to convert them with the XD transfer to MOV. NEITHER XD TRANSFER OR FCP READS THE MXF FILES. HOW DO I IMPORT TO EDIT?

than you.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: MXF to MOV for FCP
on Aug 4, 2009 at 9:26:38 pm

[GonZalo franco] "I filmed with the XD CAM EX1, and somehow didnt get the transfer correct to MP4"
I don't understand this. You copy the BPAV with ClipBrowser. You add the BPAV to XDCAM transfer and re-wrap to MOV.

Just use your BPAV and do it again. Open them in XDCAM Transfer and re-wrap to MOV.

Return to posts index

GonZalo franco
on Aug 4, 2009 at 9:30:06 pm

Hey Craig, thanks for the rapid answer. Ya, that would be the obvious answer, and it´s what i have done with 90% por my imagnes. The problem is that for the sixth day of filming a diferent operator downloaded the images off the camara, and in his download i have no BPAV files with mp4s in it, i only have a folder which was MXF files for audio and video, and it is these images which i cannot view or import. What can i do to convert them, the MXFs, to MOV, when the XDcam transfer does not read them.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Aug 4, 2009 at 9:39:09 pm

[GonZalo franco] "he problem is that for the sixth day of filming a diferent operator downloaded the images off the camara, and in his download i have no BPAV files with mp4s in it, i only have a folder which was MXF files for audio and video,"

So after you get done firing the operator for destroying your camera masters you have to deal with the time and expense of rectifying the operator's damage.

You should download the trial of this and see if it works
http://www.calibratedsoftware.com/MXFImport_Mac.asp

Return to posts index

GonZalo franco
on Aug 4, 2009 at 9:46:11 pm

Thank you very much craig, I will do all of the above and let you know how it went.

Salud!

Return to posts index

Marvin Holdman
on Aug 4, 2009 at 10:27:14 pm

You didn't say how you were trying to bring these MXF files into FCP. Was it via "log and transfer"? If not, I would give that a try. Also, you might want to download Sony's XDCAM Transfer and give that a try.

If none of this works, then I can second the Calibrated Software recommendation. It is an EXCELLENT product and is quite reasonably priced.

Keep us posted. Good luck.

Marvin Holdman
Production Manager
Tourist Network
8317 Front Beach Rd, Suite 23
Panama City Beach, Fl
phone 850-234-2773 ext. 128
cell 850-585-9667
skype username - vidmarv

Return to posts index

Gorran Bay
on Jul 17, 2014 at 12:47:49 pm

From Apple Discussion, I learn that:

MXF (Material eXchange Format) is a video container format targeted at professional video and broadcast applications established by Pro-MPEG Forum and SMPTE. It may contain compressed or uncompressed audio and video, and frame-based metadata, include timecode. Video in MXF may be compressed in MPEG-2, DNxHD or any other format.

Nowadays, more and more professional camcorder, like Sony XDCAM and Panasonic P2, record video into MXF format. Meanwhile, most professional video editing systems, such as Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere Pro, Apple Final Cut Pro via XDCAM Transfer, Avid, start to support this format. However, it's impossible to directly either play MXF files in iTunes, iPhone/iPad/iPod, Windows Media Player and PowerPoint, or edit MXF in iMovie, QuickTime, Windows Movie Maker.

In this case, converting MXF to MOV, AVI, MP4, WMV, FLV, and ASF, etc is the most ideal and wise choice.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]