FORUMS: list search recent posts

ClipBrowser? Are you sure?

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Darrell Beck
ClipBrowser? Are you sure?
on Jul 27, 2009 at 7:34:40 pm

Since just getting my EX1's, everything I have read says I must use the Sony Clip Browser to get the footage into my computer (instead of Windows drag & drop).

I just purchased a new PC workstation (Quad core, Vista 64), and Premiere CS4 is slow and crashes every few minutes. Now, I hear from Adobe that I should NOT be using the Clip Browser,and that is my problem.

Any suggestions? What exactly does the Clip Browser do to my files?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: ClipBrowser? Are you sure?
on Jul 27, 2009 at 7:54:49 pm

[Darrell Boeck] "Any suggestions? What exactly does the Clip Browser do to my files? "

What are you telling it to do?
It can copy files (with CRC on preferably) and combine and split BPAV
It can rewrap to MXF for NLE.

Premiere CS4 can handle the MP4 directly but I would question the judgement of anyone who told you NOT to use. Maybe you don't need to use MXF for NLE but that is NOT the only thing Clip Browser.

That's like telling someone the solution to avoid making right turns on red lights is to stop driving your car.

Return to posts index

Darrell Beck
on Jul 27, 2009 at 8:13:08 pm

I do have CRC on.

Under USER CONFIGURATION, I do NOT have "convert in MXF for copying EX to a normal folder" checked. What is this?

With the clip browser, I simply drag my files from the card (upper window) to a folder on my hard drive (lower window).

Darrell

Return to posts index

Darrell Beck
on Jul 28, 2009 at 2:44:26 pm

UPDATE: Premiere seems to be working fine with files that are copied off the cards using Windows. With clips copied using the clip browser, Premiere is very unhappy.

Darrell

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]