FORUMS: list search recent posts

Hoodman RAW SDHC

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Mark
Hoodman RAW SDHC
on Jul 27, 2009 at 6:26:16 pm

Hoodman says their SDHC cards have had zero failures in two years.
Here's the link: http://www.hoodmanusa.com/prodinfo.asp?number=RAW-SDHC16GB

What do you folks think? They are about twice the price of Transcend, but it's worth it if there are no failures.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Hoodman RAW SDHC
on Jul 27, 2009 at 7:57:07 pm

And how does one define "failure?"

I've never had an SDHC card of any type "fail" but that does not mean all such cards are suited to use in the EX. Media Restore is not a "failure" of the card's structure or recording medium.

Return to posts index

Michael McSwain
on Jul 31, 2009 at 1:00:53 pm

This may be old news but I talked to Bob at Hoodman, very cool guy -very helpful. I was struggling with restore media errors while using his adapter in my ex3 with transcend 16gig sdhc cards. He explained that there are basically two limitations with the sdhc cards. the inability to overcrank all the way up to 60fps (widely known), and the fact that sdhc is just plain slower than the sxs cards and it takes about 8 seconds for the card/camera to finish writing the file after you hit stop. I was pressing record again before the card was officially ready. If you watch the red light on the card bay on the side, it'll take almost exactly 8 seconds for it to go out after you hit stop. If you never hit record until after this light goes out or turns green (i forget), you'll never get restore media errors. He told me this would be the case wether you use hoodman raw, transcend, or sandisk.. Just a limitation of sdhc. Still a small price to pay to avoid buying $1k SxS cards.. like I said, mabye old news but I struggled with it for a while.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Jul 31, 2009 at 1:26:49 pm

Good that you found that out although all that has been widely reported and discussed on the COW. COW has a very good search feature. Now if we could only index things a bit better.

Return to posts index

Jay Zacharias
on Aug 5, 2009 at 9:35:08 pm

Interesting info...I guess we'll find out just how reliable they are...I just bought 60 of them for use in the EX-3's we bought...

Cheers!

JRZ

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]