FORUMS: list search recent posts

XDCAM 350 & EX1 working together

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kasey Allen
XDCAM 350 & EX1 working together
on Jul 27, 2009 at 2:40:12 am

Sometimes when I use the footage from my cameras in the same timeline, the footage from the EX1 appears to be strobing. It doesn't always do it, but it happens 75% of the time. Both are filming using the same settings, normally 1080P, but not in HQ mode. In my FCP timeline, I've tried setting the compressor to PreRez, HDV and various other settings, and there's no change. Any ideas?

KC Allen
Allen Film & Video

"My name is actually spelled KC...really...it is..."

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: XDCAM 350 & EX1 working together
on Jul 27, 2009 at 2:52:31 am

Strobing is a vague term- can you be more specific? Strobing during a pan, literally flashing frames, etc?

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!. Unlock the secrets of the 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, and Panasonic DVX100.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Kasey Allen
on Aug 8, 2009 at 2:56:19 am

Tough to describe. The footage is jerky, particularly during movement like jib/dolly or handheld movements, but it can even look a little uneven when locked down, although it's tougher to notice it.

KC Allen
Allen Film & Video

"My name is actually spelled KC...really...it is..."

Return to posts index

Andy Mees
on Aug 9, 2009 at 2:43:06 am

Kasey
It sounds for all the world like the symptoms of field order mismatch. Find an instance of when this is happening and then post back with the clip properties reported by FCP for the flickering footage, plus the sequence properties for the sequence where you are seeing it.

For clip properties, select the flickering clip in the timeline and choose Cmd-9
For sequence properties, select the timeline window and choose Cmd-0 <-- that's a zero by the way :-)

Also please select one of the clips in the same sequence that is not displaying this flicker, and post back with thart clip's properties too.

Best
Andy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]