FORUMS: list search recent posts

Why is my EX1 doing this?

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Julie Hill
Why is my EX1 doing this?
on Jul 15, 2009 at 12:08:47 am

Our cameras seem to name clips from different cards/different times of day the same number sometimes so in the browser I'll have 3 clips named "#59" or something. how the heck can this happen? They've been doing this since we got the cams and it's never really bothered me but now that we're shooting almost every week with them it's starting to be a pain to double check all the clips to make sure everything is there. see what I mean HERE... different cards (listed on the left side) yet same clip number. confused!

We are obviously not resetting the clip numbering during the shoot. We also re-format cards when reusing them (vs. just erasing the clips). I don't know if that matters!

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Why is my EX1 doing this?
on Jul 15, 2009 at 3:18:57 am

Clips should follow the numbering system you create in the camera. It defaults to the last digits of the serial number plus another four I believe.

Short of reseting that, this shouldn't happen.

Check the numbering system in the camera.
Check to see that ClipBrowser isn't doing something odd to change it.

Return to posts index

Julie Hill
on Jul 15, 2009 at 6:50:32 am

Hi Craig, thx so much for the response! As far as the numbering system goes, we named that camera AAAA (hence those letters before the clip#) and then set the starting number for each shoot at 0001. I will def. check next time if it's renaming them in the clip browser vs. the camera. so weird!

Return to posts index

tito haggardt
on Jul 15, 2009 at 8:07:22 pm

Vortex Media DVD "Mastering the Sony PMW-EX1" had an excellent section on clip management. it is just one more thing that i think got handled very well by Doug Jensen. worth the price.
aloha
tito

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]