FORUMS: list search recent posts

Restore Media EX3

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Serena Davies
Restore Media EX3
on Jul 10, 2009 at 9:50:34 am

Hello and help!
I transferred footage shot on EX3 onto an SxS card to a hard drive via FCP. Now trying to view clips again from the card in the camera and it is saying Restore Media to card Execute or Cancel.
Is it ok for me to execute this or will the media not be there?! I can't afford to lose media from the card yet as I only have it in one other place - the hard drive.
Strangely I did this same process with two cards A and B. It is only asking me to do this for the card from slot B which isn't locked. Card A is locked.
Many thanks if someone can let me know if I can execute this otherwise holding up my edit!
Serena

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Restore Media EX3
on Jul 10, 2009 at 5:06:04 pm

Generally Restore Media is harmless. It's usually doing a metadata fix.

Did you transfer the clips using ClipBrowser with CRC on?
If not, you better QC those clips ASAP. NEVER copy clips with anything other that ClipBrowser with CRC On (or ShotPut with similar setting).

One of the reasons to use ClipBrowser rather than Finder (Mac) or Explorer (Windows) is that there's some possibility the OS will write an invisible file back to the card and thus, the metadata corruption.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Restore Media EX3
on Jul 10, 2009 at 5:10:22 pm

Hi Serena,
I think that you won't have problems, but to be sure, copy the full BPVA folder to your computer (drag and drop). As long as you have the MP4 files you will be able to recover the clips.
Cheers,
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]