FORUMS: list search recent posts

Overheated EX1, please help!!

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roger Lee
Overheated EX1, please help!!
on Jun 27, 2009 at 5:15:29 pm

Shooting in the Sun with the EX1. Turned off to download a card, now camera turns on with a buzz. Near the cards and LCD is fuzzy and won't focus. Reviewing a clip, buzz gets louder. Any thoughts?? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Overheated EX1, please help!!
on Jun 27, 2009 at 6:59:32 pm

Are you getting any warning messages?

Have you tried "cold booting" the camera? Pull the internal battery (it's explained in the manual) and let the camera sit for a bit and turn on again.

There's a low speed fan in the camera that helps with cooling. I'm wondering if the buzzing is related to an issue with the fan.

Return to posts index

Roger Lee
Re: Overheated EX1, please help!!
on Jun 27, 2009 at 9:50:38 pm

Hi Craig,

Thanks for the response.

Well, I flipped the camera over to see if I could locate the buzzing noise and upon turning the camera upside down the buzzing stopped and the image is ALL good!!! This was after it sat in the shade for about 15 mins. Over the next hour of shooting I turned the camera off maybe twice and every time I turned the camera back on i had the same situation, with same solution every time. Then the "flipping" of the camera or turning the camera upside down stopped working. Now, back at home and after the camera cooled down quite a bit more, you wouldn't know anything was wrong in the first place. No buzzing upon start up. No fuzzy image.

I'm hoping that all it is, is the camera got too hot. Crossing my fingers for tomorrow. Same type of shoot. This time I'll bring an umbrella and a small fan or something.

oh well, I'll keep you posted on any other issues and stupid solutions.

Roger

Return to posts index

Wolfgang Schliessner
Re: Overheated EX1!!
on Sep 16, 2011 at 7:53:34 am

Same isseu over here...
Seems to be a overheating of the optical image stabelizer ...
If the reduction of heat was good enough, the next day it'll turn back on normally.

...asking Sony now what to do since my repair guy just wants to stick a new lens inside and hope for the best!

Return to posts index

chuck fiorella
Re: Overheated EX1, please he
on Apr 3, 2012 at 3:55:58 pm

What did you find out about your problem? Mine is doing the same.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Paul Miller
Re: ex1 issues
on May 25, 2012 at 9:45:41 pm

I was wondering what you guys found out was wrong with the camera as my EX 1 is doing the same thing.

Return to posts index

Sam Johnson
Re: ex1 issues
on Oct 28, 2016 at 7:05:34 pm

Did anyone find a fix for this ???

I have a new post in 2016 oct, that is similar.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]