FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't play EX-3 clips

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Djang
Can't play EX-3 clips
on Jun 20, 2009 at 1:32:20 pm

I'm new to the EX-3 workflow, but I was transferred some files (.mov's) from another computer that presumably was able to play them, but my system won't. Quicktime will play the audio, but the image is black. Same with FCP (but white screen).

I have installed on my system the Sony XDCam Transfer software as well as the XDCAM EX Clip Browser (which doesn't seem to recognize the clips either). When I launch the XDCAM Transfer app, I get this:

Seems like I'm missing the codec, but can't for the life of my find it online. And I thought FCP was supposed to contain this codec anyway, but mine seems to be missing.

Specs:
FCP 6.0.5
OS 10.4.11
Macbook Pro 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
3 Gb RAM

Any help much appreciated.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Can't play EX-3 clips
on Jun 20, 2009 at 2:02:35 pm

FCP 6.0.5 should have the codecs. Seems there's something funky about the 6.0.5 install. It's happened to others. Try and reinstall FCP again.

Return to posts index

Jason Djang
on Jun 20, 2009 at 3:47:33 pm

I'm traveling and don't have my installs. Is there anywhere to download the missing components?

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Jun 20, 2009 at 7:57:30 pm

If you delete the pkg file in your system folder with the receipts in it you might be able to force Software Update to update FCP again since the EX codec actually comes from and FCP update to 6.0.2 (and up).
I'm not sure this will work but it's worth a shot.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]