FORUMS: list search recent posts

SONY EX3 SxS CARD

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mel bell-grey
SONY EX3 SxS CARD
on Jun 20, 2009 at 2:03:24 am

Hi i just recently bought the ex3 i done a recent video shoot all the footage from the shoot came out with a thick grey bar through each clip, when i transfered them to final cut pro the clips played back fine without grey bars after editing and exporting to quick time, the movie has grey bar going right through the whole thing, it's driving me nuts i can't work out why this happened i used differant cards on the shoot so it must be something with the camera or my down loading process please help, MBG

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: SONY EX3 SxS CARD
on Jun 20, 2009 at 2:25:12 am

Please provide more info.
Format shot. Lighting conditions. Settings use. PAL or NTSC country. Monitoring out of the edit system how?

Return to posts index

Don Greening
on Jun 20, 2009 at 3:31:01 am

Craig, what does that Calibrated Q stuff look like in demo mode? Just a wild guess.

- Don

Return to posts index

Michael Palmer
on Jun 20, 2009 at 3:49:31 am

Could it possibly be the ND filter half way across the shutter.

Good Luck
Michael Palmer

Return to posts index

mel bell-grey
on Jun 20, 2009 at 7:51:45 am

Dear Michael,

thanks for your prompt reply. I think I found out what it was. To my great expense I had down loaded the demo Download Calibrated Host Application (Mac OSX)

from http://www.calibratedsoftware.com

If you read the info that goes with the Demo, it states that these grey bars would come with it because this is the restrictions of the Demo version. I didn't not know I was even using the software. It says you can uninstall the demo which I did but my footage and anything coming in to the EXCAM TRANSFER had this grey line through it.

I knew it was not the card or the camera because I was able to view the same clips in EXCAM X Clip browser without lines.

So I have now gone and bought the full version of the software so I might be able to retrieve my clips without lines. This cost $80 and I was unable to receive the down load right away, they say it takes 48 hours, which to me seems a bit dodgy.

I've read about this software on other sites which say it's supposed to be great.

Have you heard of this software, this company or this problem?

Thanks MBG

Return to posts index

mel bell-grey
on Jun 20, 2009 at 9:31:56 am

URGENT!!!!

It's worse than I thought. I have now discovered that CALIBRATED should not be used with FINAL CUT PRO. I wish this was made clear to me from the start. So I still have the grey lines and need help fixing things back to normal.

MBG

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Jun 20, 2009 at 1:40:27 pm

Yes, their XDCAM EX decode should not be used with FCP because FCP has it's own XDCAM MOV decode.
Not to use in FCP http://www.calibratedsoftware.com/QXD.asp

On the other hand the MP4 import is designed to work with FCP and all Quicktime based apps. I use this version so I can import MP4 without having to wrap to MOV.
For use with FCP http://www.calibratedsoftware.com/MP4EXImport_Mac.asp

Return to posts index

Pete Montoya IV
on Feb 13, 2010 at 6:56:54 pm

Hi,

I recently purchased a Sony Ex-3, however everytime I have try to dump the footage from the SxS Pro Card, it comes up on the desktop, double-click and only one folder with various files, such as: .xml,.edl & all the quicktime files are .mp4, and even with the software sony provided with the EX-3. I am using a macbook pro. I just cant import into FCP, or rid these .mp4 files, any help would be apprecitated.

Thanks,

Pete

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Feb 13, 2010 at 9:37:47 pm

Please don't double post. Posting at the top of the forum will suffice.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]